Synthfest 2022 - Sheffield October 8th

https://www.synthfest.co.uk/home

SynthFest UK 2022 takes place in Sheffield on Saturday 8th of October 2022 (10:30am – 6:30pm) and has been created by Sound On Sound magazine to give companies of all sizes an opportunity to showcase their synth products in front of the public in what promises to be a great day out for all musicians, whether a pro, semi-pro or hobbyist.

The Octagon Centre, Clarkson Street, Sheffield, S10 2TQ

Been to a couple before, and will be going this year.

Sarah Angliss’ seminar is something of interest to me, and open mic is always entertaining.

Maybe see some fellow 'nauts there!

6 Likes

I’ll be there bimbling about aimlessly, as usual.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m 100% planning to be there but it depends on the situation with my youngest ones as my wife is on holiday with her sister that weekend

Leave them in the car with the radio on, packet of crisps and a can each… ‘be back in 5 mins kids, behave…’ = 4-5 hours of synthfest’n.

(I joke, but this was a regular 80s childhood experience for me… the Motor Show at Birmingham NEC in 1986… I read the same issue of WhatCar about 5 times.)

4 Likes

:joy: they’re certainly old enough to stay at home (13 & 15) but it’s just about whether I need to taxi them places etc

1 Like

That’s tempting…

Oh aye

1 Like

V likely

Hoping to make it along with some of the Manchester crew.

Three of us Nottingham bleepers-n-blippers got tickets for Synthfest 2022!

Looking through the list of exhibitors and seminars there’s nothing I’m especially desperate to see, which is oddly quite pleasant and very much unlike previous years. It means I can just wander about freely with no expectations whatsoever. I’m quite interested to see the West Pest on the cre8audio stand and it’s always nice to see familiar faces like Gideon and Tony from Soundgas but in general: no fixed agenda. Nice.

Happy Synthfest Eve eve eve

1 Like

Synthfest Eve!

Anyone going to this on Synthfest evening?

1 Like

Ah the birthplace of Electronic Music. Throbbing gristle on a Council Estate in Sheffield and many others. Love Sheffield🙂

2 Likes

Throbbing gristle

excuse me, are you coming on to me?

1 Like

Porkloin your my favourite piece of meat :rofl:

1 Like

I’m going along to this, sounds like good fun!

1 Like

Brilliant! I’m massively looking forward to it. Sheffield legends & friends + iconic synths and a celebration of a Tristram Cary idea. What’s not to like?

1 Like

Definitely!

2 Likes

Some stuff from the show.

Eurorack maker Transistor Sound Lebs has two “one hand performable” sequencers Stepper Acid and Stepper Drums.

RYK Modular has their Vector Wave combination of FM with vector synthesis ! Cool sounding.

And The Godfather.

2 Likes

Doing gods work as usual…

Yiannis mentions a new product he cannot talk about, except that you play it with one hand

omg, care to speculate @Jukka ? :grin:

1 Like