SynthFest France 2024 -- (April 19-21)

They don’t specify if fully or semi weighted. There probably aren’t a lot of fully weighted keys in a 37 key config on the market to begin with so maybe targeting that?

1 Like

The website says “37 weighted keys with Hammer action” and that brick shape would provide the room for such mechanics. Interesting indeed. I had a SL88 Grand and I loved (and I miss) the keys but I just wasn’t making use of the 88 keys and could make a better use of the space that controller took. A 37 weighted keys keyboard is a bold proposal.

1 Like

Actually I’d love a fully weighted 37 mini key version :cool:

I hated the fully weighted hammer action on my Nord Stage 3 88 keys. Like so fatiguing. I cant see where the market would be for this as most hammer action beds are for keyboardists who use both hands?

If they do a 37 keys I imagine a 49 keys version isn’t too far of a stretch right? I’ll be ok with a 49 if the keys are really nice and the price is not too high. :slight_smile:

It is still taking place.

We’ll need to wait a few days to get more of the videos and articles. It’s frustrating but this was how it was last year and previous as well. I think it being a smaller show and on the weekend delays things.

I’d watch SynthAnatomy in particular for both the articles and videos, as well as Les Sondiers for videos, and hopefully other places as well.

Oh and check this thread, we do a better job here than a lot of the trade press.

1 Like

Korg showed more of their PS-3300 FS, that they showed st NAMM in January.

1 Like

some videos are coming out now
Wofi almost ready for manufacture

4 Likes

Fred's lab - Manatee - Multitimbral MPE Synthesizer in their last event before shipping (I hope):

5 Likes

New product SYNTHR10 !

2 Likes

In addition to the Nora keyboard controller, i see this got added to their web-site :

“A screen with holes”

• 32 infinite encoders with push action…
  • … over a FULL HD Display with
  • 64 push buttons
  • Fully customizable from configurator
  • USB MIDI Compliant
  • Infinite number of pages and presets

Available 2025

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A “screen with holes” ! So i take it they mean holes for the encoders and buttons in a display screen. I am not aware of another product like this. The MP MIDI ( thread ) has the encoders around the outside of the display.

Add MIDI 2.0 device interrogation to this and this could potentially be quite useful. The release date of 2025 gives them some time to work out the wrinkles.

I haven’t seen any videos from the show. Did anyone see this, or talk to Velours ?

Nora and Karl. Could they be a family ?

4 Likes

Roses are red
Synths are performative
Most anthropomorphizing is heteronormative

5 Likes

Added a video on the ERAE II from Embodme, in that product’s thread.

There is a view of the new looper function in operation. I also like that the newly added control buttons so quickly allow you change the active control views.

Meet KARL:

Ok, spotting the knobs was easy, but turns out all those squares are buttons.

Expected to be ready in 2025. Expected price maybe around 1500€.

(I was lurking at the table whenever the camera was moving, and I didn’t see any Nora.)

2 Likes

So they put the buttons around the outside of the screen. Plus all the encoders take push input. I wonder what the technology is with this ?

Again the closest thing to this is the MP MIDI, and then, way back, all the touch screen approaches, like the Embodme one. Perhaps similar also the Electra One. Oh and the Silhouette.

They should consider a patent on this if that is possible. Even a narrow application patent would benefit them greatly.

Good idea too, to do a sequencer mode, like all the potentiometer sequencer matrices from years past.

This may become significant enough to deserve a thread.

Would have liked to have heard more about the Nora keyboard product as well. These two share perspective as products.

They are not at Superbooth yet, but hopefully they’re not forgotten.

More new stuff !

A 5x5 MIDI interface, called L1V3, which is pronounced “Live”.

This is comparable to the Blokas Midihub or the new Plexus 4 MIDI Router, etc.

One difference is that this is set up using an actual programming language.

And the PGB-1 video interview and demo: Wee Noise Makers PGB-1 - #16 by icaria36.

1 Like

That’s a big difference though.

1 Like

With pluses and minuses.

It also has a USB MIDI connection.

ADDED : Best description i’ve found so far is on their Superbooth blurb. They will be at Superbooth.

Superbooth Blurb

As a techno music live performer, L1V3 desesperately tried to find the perfect MIDI box to control his hardware setup. Unfortunaltely he didn’t find the one that could fit his need. Fortunately, he decided to build one called L1V3Box and share it as an opensource project. L1V3 Box could be compared to the now very old MIDI Solutions Event Processor, but with 5 IN, 5 OUT + USB Midi, fully programmable via bluetooth through a super easy web interface. From very simple filters, to very complex routing configurations, this MIDI box can do them all.

More new stuff.

Kaona was showing off their new Eurorack module Zazou.

This is an unusual sort of musical generative four part module, that let’s you generate music in “styles”. They are getting it ready for Superbooth ( thread ), but showed it at SFF as well.

Zazou can be used along with two other modules from Kaona, Skippy and Skippy Live. Quirky, cartoonish, looney tunes sort of things are part of this. Unusual. I’d be interested what sort of range it may have.

A video, showing a medley of generative sound, shown here with Skippy Live, Skippy, and Zazou :

SynthAnatomy made a video at the show, but it is a difficult watch, due to the language barrier.

There are other Youtube videos with it doing Jazz styles too.

I’ll be interested to hear what might be possible with these. I am less familiar with Kaona.

ADDED : It is both MIDI, and modular.

1 Like