Synthfest 2022 - Sheffield October 8th

God i feel old. People at Synthfest like Mylar melodies talking about the late 90s and early 2000s electronic scene, as though it was a lifetime away. Nobody at the Synthfest mentions late 70s or early 80s. Its like im several generations behind these kids who are no longer kids. This show has aged me. :rofl:

2 Likes

Tom Szakaly was there with his Moog Model 15, keeping it decidedly early 70s!

3 Likes

Any link to ELP makes me smile. Keep it going Tom🙂

1 Like

Could it be Euro-Maracas?

grafik

I ended up donating to the ARP Foundation and copping a t-shirt, trying to buy an Odyssey from Korg downstairs and then managing to grab one online that arrived today!

Thoroughly enjoyable day spent with friends and fellow music nerds, capped off with a very entertaining show by the mighty QUADROS quartet (/sextet, if you count Dmitri and Rosie… which you must!)

3 Likes

I saw the Arp T shirt on Alex Ball :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha - yeah! I saw him in Falafel King afterwards too but decided I didn’t trust myself to not make some kind of nerdy comments whilst waiting in the queue so gave takeaway a miss

1 Like

Some of us are on that wavelength, but TD rather than ELP.

2 Likes

I like Tangerine Dream as well. Their early stuff anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I quite enjoyed Mylarmelodies wee vlog about it, looks a fun show and especially if there is some gig action afterwards I might need to make the effort to come down from the frozen north for it next year…

1 Like

Yep. They picked the perfect album to end their career (Exit), but inexplicably carried on.

1 Like