Syntakt USB Ripcord

I received my adapter today. It cost me £0.01 including delivery from China as I was given some sign up discount LOL

So it works perfectly with the 20W power bank that I bought for £20. Been running it for the last hour with no issues at all.

I also found that I have to disconnect it when not in use or it keeps draining the power bank even though the Syntakt is turned off.

Here’s the link:
TOPK Power Bank, 20W PD QC 3.0 USB C Fast Charging 10000mAh Portable Charger, 3A Quick Charge with LED Display PowerBank https://amzn.eu/d/fbpSyuh

5 Likes

I’m a bit confused as to why, but I’ve just received a second one in the post. This one is exactly the same design but states 19V. I’m assuming I can’t use that with the Syntakt?

@sinedied if you’re in the UK and have a use for this 19V adapter let me know and I’ll post it to you :slight_smile:

I’m in France, and I also have two of them as in my first order I made a mistake and picked up the 19V ones instead of the 12V ones :sweat_smile: Thanks for the proposal though!

It’s probably a good idea to keep it away from the Syntakt, but it might work if you have someone with a laptop charging on a 2.5mm port, as laptop most often use 19V for charging.

Thanks, I think I’ll throw it away, don’t want to get them confused and blow up my Syntakt :grinning:

1 Like

How much time are people getting with their battery packs before having to recharge?

ANKER PowerCore 20100 works nicely with the my birdcord and DT. Mine has no USB C outs though.

One more question, and its cray cray. Anyone power their Syntakt using a cable and their vehicles cig lighters, and if yes, what cable? I’ve got a long car ride ahead and I need something to pass the time as I roll through the sands of Yuma.

(1) Lighter current is notoriously spiky, I’d be careful using it with expensive equipment. It’s probably okay to charge battery packs, so you could use two and have one charging while the other powers your device.

(2) I hope you’re not driving also.

3 Likes

I think you’d be better off with something like this

1 Like

Not a bad idea of I had a secure place to put it, however I can’t think of any safe places for it to go without it becoming a serious fire hazard.

Thanks for the heads up. That’s why I come here to ask the big questions.

My wife drives on the way to oir destination (I get the return journey). So don’t worry about a Syntakt related automobile crash.

Hi, at amazon you will find lots of LiPo Safe Bags and Boxes :wink:

1 Like

Maybe my final question. Anyone find a cheaper alternative to the Blindspot/Birdcord? I can’t bring kyself to pay $30 for a cable.

Would this work?
USB DC 5V to 12V Step Up Power Cable(3ft), Farsense USB to DC 12V Adapter with DC Jack 5.5 x 2.5mm(3.5 x 1.35mm), USB Boost Converter Supports LED Indicator https://a.co/bg5byMz

The issue has always been that some power packs sense the momentary current pull at startup and shut down the power flow, and some cords permit this. Birdcord is designed to deal with it. $30 cable, $50 decksaver, it’s just part of the cost…

So is that a no?

That’s an “I don’t know, and you won’t know until you try”. There are too many combinations of packs and cords, and looking back over the threads that have dealt with other Elektron boxes, even the same combination may work fine for one person (so far) and not for another. I opted to pay the increment to a manufacturer who specifically says their product will work with Elektron devices (and who puts handwritten notes into shipments!).

3 Likes

You’ll need to check the specs of your machine. This cable will provide 12 volts at 1 amp but you’ll probably need 2 amps. You’ll also need a battery that can provide those amps.

1 Like

Ah makes sense now. Thank you friend.

1 Like

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

If my power bank doesn’t have usb C what’s the best cable to buy? I’ve used this with my DN and DT with the rip cords many times but sounds like I need to upgrade my cable. I THINK the power specs are ok? But maybe I’m misunderstanding.