Syntakt USB Ripcord

Given that it’s worked for you so far and that the ST has a slightly larger power draw (startup / steady state) than DN/DT, it’s worth trying with the ST and what you have. My guess is that it’ll work fine. The printed specs don’t explain what the pack can deliver at 12V or what sort of startup transients would cause it to shut down. If it turns out to be glitchy, I would suggest upgrading to a PD power bank and associated cords, but that may not be necessary.

1 Like

Drat, didn’t work…turned on for a second but couldn’t make it through the boot graphic. Just not sure if that means I need a new cable or new battery…or both

Yeah, probably both. Sorry to hear that.

I don’t have a Syntakt, but to power a Norand Mono and a modular pod, I got a Birdcord PD to 15v and the Baseus 20000Mah PD power bank they recommended. I bet if you do something similar but get the PD to 12v (I did also, just for future considerations), it’ll work fine. Remember the tip adaptor!

1 Like

Update for those who have’nt asked. Ended up buying one of these. Came out a bit cheaper than the powerbank and cable I was intending on buying. Benefit is not having to worry about proper cables. Works a charm and is quite literally a brick in size and weight. Powers up all my Elektrons, and even one of my Euroracks. Cool.
Powkey Portable Power Station 88.8Wh, 65Watts AC Power Bank External Battery Pack, Compact Travel Charger with 2 USB,1 DC,1 AC for MacBook Laptops Smartphones, Green Color https://a.co/03XSgWm

1 Like

So you just use the AC outlet on there I assume? or do you mean you can plug in multiple elektron devices at once?

I just use the ac. I’m not sure if I could plug multiple devices in. Would have to see what the pull is for one. I doubt I would be able to do so though.

My current battery doesn’t support DC :confused: so if I buy another battery just for this, I might as well get one with AC as well…

1 Like

Yeah, forget the headache. This way is easy and trouble free.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any power banks with EU style AC inputs though? There are ofc. adapters but it’d be great to not have to carry one…

1 Like

Well so much for the lack of headache. I dream of a world united together in love and commradery. Oh and a standard, universal power standard.

2 Likes

Yes, it must be done! Global peace, love, and standards!

1 Like

Hi all, I have my new Syntakt working with a cheap cable from ebay: USB Type-C to 12V DC 5.5mm*2.5mm 5.5mm*2.1mm Adapter Cable USB-C PD Charger Cord. The 5.5mm x 2.5mm is what you want of course.

The power brick delivers 1.5A at 12v over PD, and that seems to be enough, even though the Syntakt is rated at needing 2A. I don’t think 1A at 12v would be enough.

2 Likes

Just shy of 3 hours, but I was powering both my Digitakt and the Syntakt at the same time. Battery was the Omnicharge 20c+

1 Like

Hey there buddy, how long does this setup last? Do you think it truly is 10000 capacity, Many thanks

Before I pull the trigger, can anyone tell me if this is a viable option? Cheers :slight_smile:

It says it delivers 12V/3A. Can the AMP be to high, or does it just not need to be less than what the sytakt is drawing? Thanks

The maximum current the power bank can deliver should be more than what the device you power from it will actually draw. So you should be good.

1 Like

It lasts about 2.5 hours

1 Like

Voltage must be the same. Polarity on the barrel connector must be the same. Amps must be the same or higher than written on original PSU that it comes with or written on the body of equipment.

1 Like

@sinedied Are these similar to what you bought? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801313531345.html

How are your adaptors holding up?

1 Like

It’s similar, but wrong voltage careful!

I bought 3 for all my digis, and so far never had an issue, as opposed to my myvolts adapters. Because it’s all on the charger as they do not do any current conversion (you need an USB c charger supporting 12v), it’s very simple electronics here, only wiring and current voltage request, so I’m quite confident they will hold well in time.