Syntakt USB Ripcord

I have already wondered. Others say 2a. Mine says 1a. :smiley:

Yeah, there’s apparently more out there than i thought, 1A seems to be the nominal worst case draw, with a slight blip above at power on. The PSU would always have been 2A (24W). But it would be an idea to make sure anyone using it knows to avoid using a 12W psu, even if those may have a safety margin, it’s impossible to know with cheap options

1 Like

That may well be. For safety reasons, certainly.

1 Like

Anyone have any luck powering the Syntakt + Digitakt or Digitone with one battery/cable? I am able to power the Syntakt with a USB-C birdcord and a ravpower battery or a wall plug, but when I use a splitter to try to power the Syntakt + Digitone or Digitakt neither one turns on. I can power the Digitakt + Digitone fine with one battery, but I guess the Syntakt needs more amps.

You could try these with angled connectors:

Can confirm the Baseus power bank and the Blind Spot USB cable work perfectly for powering Syntakt.

3 Likes

I just ordered one, you still getting on ok with this?

Yes working fine without issues! Only downside is that I have to unplug the cable from battery otherwise even turned off there’s still power draw.
It was the same with Blindspot cable, probably due to USB PD chip.

Great thanks.

Has anyone had luck with the Birdcord PD12V adapter and this Anker battery?

Anker says it’s PD capable, but the combo isn’t powering my Syntakt on. I’m left scratching my head if it’s an issue with the battery, the birdcord, or the c-c cable between the two (although I have tried two now).

Just ordered the Blindspot cable after picking up a Baseus power bank.
i don’t need Syntakt to be portable but I would like the option to move around freely.

Definitely will report back once it gets here because I see plenty of mixed results.

The PD Birdcord connects via USB-C. I don’t think it would work with this Anker battery but I could be wrong.

I believe you need at least 35w power delivery for 12v2a, but i would not go lower that 45w to be safe

2 Likes

So I suck at electricity, but got this battery for camping a while back. From what I understand after reading this thread, it should be able to power a ST and DN with a birdcord?
It has USB-C.

I suppose you should use the usb c with a birdcord?

It probably won’t work. It needs to support PD with 12V/1.5A at least

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Birdcord page only said:

Make sure to use the Birdcord PD→12V only with USB PD (USB Power Delivery) power banks and wall chargers that support 12V output voltage. Otherwise, it will output only 5V. Example of a compatible PD power bank: “Baseus 65W 20000mAh PD portable charger”

Just re-read a Q/A response on Amazon regarding 12V support with this battery, and Anker said the PD specs are only:

PD Output: 5V ⎓ 3A / 9V ⎓ 2.22A / 15V ⎓ 1.2A(USB-C port)

I didn’t realize the USB-C PD spec was so nuanced :frowning:

1 Like

Oh you are right, it doesn’t say anything about the PD thingy. Thank you so much for saving me the pain of trying and failing! :smile:

1 Like

Success! Blind Spot cable was delivered today and it works without the need for adapters.

The linked Baseus power bank drops to a little over $50 very often, so I wouldn’t pay the $69 sticker price.

4 Likes

I have received this powerbank today as well together with this birdcord:

It is working flawlessly with my Syntakt, Digitakt, Digitone and Analog Four Mk2.
Awesome!

2 Likes