Syntakt USB Ripcord

I came here to say that the BlindSPOT -usb to 12v adapter did NOT work on my Syntakt!

Tried different outlets, adapters, plugs, nothing! Does anyone have another adapter they have confirmed actually works?

Used Birdchords successfully

1 Like

Excellent! Working consistently for me as well :grinning:

The blindspot is working here with the power bank that I listed.

Did you try it with a power bank?

You must use a PD USBC Power Bank.

1 Like

can confirm that birdcord works fine with my syntakt, as well as digitone and rytm mk2

Blindspot working here too.

Dang… I didnt use it with the power bank. I had no idea I would need that as well.

Was looking for something I could plug into my USB plug inside my car… I can do this with digitakt and digitone…

Anybody got a link for the birdcords? would I also need said powerbank for the birdcord?

This new generation of USB to DC Adapter work differently then the old generation. The old Ripcord ones had a Converted that made 12V out of the 5V that USB is delivering.
Since a few years there is PD (Power Delivery). Thats USB-C with some logic. The device that is connected talks to the USB port and tells it what Power is needed (in our case 12V) and the USB port delivers the 12V directly. So the new ones don’t convert the incoming voltage anymore but have a chip that tells the Port to deliver whatever Voltage the cable should bring.
So those new cables don’t work on normal USB ports and Chargers. If you still have one of those 12V Cigarette-lighter ports in your cars, there are Adapters to USB-C/PD available.

4 Likes

yeah I use my birdcord with both a power bank and my phone charger via usb c. it’s great!

Thanks for the expenation! I guess I needed a new power bank anyways :smiley:

I got the cable Andrew Huang links to in his video and the syntakt will turn on, but shut off almost immediately after loading up. Bummed :frowning:

Update: Wait now it’s workin. Think I just needed the right power bank.

Update 2: annnnnd it shut off again after 15 min of use. Waste of 30 bucks, dang.

I just use one of these. Works with everything. OT MK1, MD MK1, Syntakt, Laptop, Pro 2… 6V, 9V, 12V, whatever. Just plug the PSU into it.

Fortunately syntakt PSU is ultra small.

2 Likes

Sucks, I could see analog kit having more of a draw than digital.

Does not bode well for the upcoming Andrew Huang / Endorphin.es module collaboration

ST just requires more amperage. The blindspot and birdcord with direct PD work fine.

2 Likes

Received my DC<>USB-PD adapters, working perfectly with Syntakt.

Less than 5 euros with shipping: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001509991481.html
(make sure you pick the right one, with 5.5/2.5 plug)

6 Likes

Excellent find. Thanks for sharing!

This works like a charm with a strong PD powerbank. I have the Xiaomi Mi Powerbank pro 3 with 45W PD through USB-C. Very good combo!

I really recommend all songbird cables I have several. Top quality, much better than ripcords.

1 Like

My big issue with birdcords is that there’s no angle with the connector, it’s annoying for small cases.