Syntakt USB Ripcord

Yeah probably! Anyways I’d chose birdcord over ripcord every time!

4 Likes

So I guess you’d have to find a battery pack they can handle at least a 2A load? Not sure how to spec that out when shopping for it.

RAVpower has power banks with wall warts as well, that is another option. I use one to power my modular on the go…

1 Like

So you think the 12 V model I linked to would have the right sizing for the Syntakt?

From a brief search, it looks as if many power packs specify max amperage at various voltage levels. I did see some that said 12V/3A, but also 12V/1.5A and 12V/2A, so probably someone is going to have to do some experimenting.

Just be mindful that some early (probably none in the wild) units had this printed on them (mine included) - but you should use the prescribed adaptor and ignore reference to 1A on the chassis - see manual and Elektron etc

but for the avoidance of doubt - a few early (rare :tongue:) editions look like this - i can’t go into the why tho !

2Anot1A

3 Likes

So do you think I would be safe with this model?

If you actually look at the description it mentions both analog heat and Rytm both which I believe require more amps…

So this means it can take higher amps and has the same barrel size as the other Elektrons… so I’m pretty certain this one will do

1 Like

I saw in Andrew Huang’s Syntakt video he was using a Ripcord, I have one of those from the Digitone, so was hoping to be able to use that.

3 Likes

I use that one with my OT, A4 etc. works flawlessly, just make sure your powerbank supports PD.

Plus the guy who makes these is super nice, every oder comes with a handwritten thank you note.

(I have the 12V one and the 9V one)

I only found out the other day Ripcord are an Irish company. I live up the road from their head office. always just assumed they were from the US.

1 Like

I have one of these. Works fine with digitone and rytm mk2. Will work fine with Syntakt too, though I haven’t tested it yet.

I have this one, but was concerned about the 1A spec. I guess that’s the one Andrew is probably using in that video?

If Syntakt does require 2A, then I’ll look at picking up the birdcord. It’s likely to not perform as expected, or burn out the ripcord trying to draw more amperage than it can provide. I imagine its the additional analog circuitry that requires the higher draw.

1 Like

Agreed on the birdcord. Any recommendations on a compatible power bank?

1 Like

I have a bunch of Anker ones that work with the ripcord, I won’t know if they work with the birdcord until I buy one though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe something like this?

Anker Portable Charger, USB-C Portable Charger 10000mAh with 20W Power Delivery, 523 Power Bank (PowerCore Slim 10K PD) for iPhone 13 Series/iPhone 12 Series, S10, Pixel 4, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LH26PFT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KF1A83RT0JXJEXBYQZ9E

And by the way. Thanks so much for all the replies. Great community here! :grinning:

3 Likes

I use this one, it’s a very nice one:

1 Like

Ordered the 12v birdcord and this power bank. I don’t guess I can mess anything up? :grinning:

Baseus Power Bank, 65W 20000mAh Laptop Portable Charger, Fast Charging USB C 4-Port PD3.0 Battery Pack for MacBook Dell XPS IPad iPhone 13/12 Pro Mini Samsung Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08THFDRSZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R1810E7FKYMDJSJG26HY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes