Syntakt standalone music

You might be able to get asymmetry in your lfo (single shot, as is the case in your example) with a well chosen fade in/fade out setting

1 Like

Hey! :wink: I’ve tried that endlessly, but it never did anything other than to make the LFO amplitude smaller (as if I’d just changed the Depth), which confuses me. I guessed from that that the fade is applied as plus/minus steps per LFO cycle, thus with single shot LFOs it never does anything besides changing the depth o.O

Ashamedly upbeat n laid back but then I am sitting in my back garden, got my syntatkt on my lap, with the sun out, on a Sunday…

12 Likes

Elektron Syntakt Techno Jam #02

9 Likes

This is awesome!

1 Like

4 Likes

I couldn’t let go… so in stead of guessing from comfort of the back yard i tried it real quick…
Exponential LFO in one shot mode, modulating tune, bpm 4, spd 33ish, depth 23ish

5 Likes

The DM lead came out of nowhere, tweaking the Carbon, with harmonics at 83…

15 Likes

not per cycle, but per trig !

think of it as a one off attack (to max) or a one off decay (from max)

it’ll work fine for any LFO if it makes sense to overlap its profile with a rising or falling level

typically used to fade in or out vibrato

it’s a hopeless parameter to be randomized though - pretty much ruins any randomization of the LFO page unless your steps last a bar or two

the fade is great for sound design, especially for FM type modulation

1 Like

OH MY!!! You did it!!! And omg, I just had the Fade in the wrong direction the whole, that was my mistake! For me, the line always implied the opposite of what it does, i never looked at the number (and the “-” and the absence of it). Argh!!! Thank you so much! :smiley:

2 Likes

And a quick pattern consisting of 1 bar (well i may have gone to 2 bars for the ‘pad’), this thing spit out grooves as if it where nothing. Do not really like the pad but hey it’s not the ideal machine for it. But love the other bits, quirky and heavy. and that’s just 3 tracks of SY BITS.

13 Likes

Everything for the hoover :facepunch:

1 Like

Very nice sound! :totes:

2 Likes

Thanks! I :heart: this machine!!
It sounds really great with little effort ^^

2 Likes

Not yet. I usually wait until I have full albums to release there. And thanks!

Edit: I believe it’s possibly to get pretty close towards TR909 sounds with the claps, snares and hihats (rimshot anyway), however I did not invest the time :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Syntakt hoover soundbank.

1 Like

You’ve cleaned the house, but have you ever hoovered on Syntakt ?

1 Like

Here’s a cool Syntakt demo from French synthwave artist A.L.I.S.O.N

This also pulled me down the A.L.I.S.O.N rabbit hole. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

ST as a time machine, a hint to 1994 :loopy:

Like the soundtrack for the eighth asteroid/planet the little prince is visiting. It would be the planet of the hedonistic raver.

A >having fun on a sunday evening pattern< :wink:

8 Likes