Syntakt standalone music

Holy shit this is good.

Like The Perfect carnival soundsystem stage-setup-tune – peeps milling around getting excited, a bit o tension and a lot o smoke in the air …

In my go, I’ve used LFO 2 -> pitch to get the pitch sweep, however it’s not possible to have a faster attack than decay. I could do it when using both LFOs, but then I don’t have an LFO left for the PWM :stuck_out_tongue:

However, as you said, not ever hardcore song needs that trademark “meeeoowww”, so it’s actually still pretty cool :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. Great to hear that you liked it. Fantastic box to experiment on

Exploring the SY TOY machine with this snes era jrpg loop

41 Likes

This isn’t really my usual thing at all but my first crack at recording some minimal techno. I’ve spent the last few weeks just with the Syntakt on its own before it gets to play with its other brothers and sisters.

11 Likes

This is great!! Stoked to see more syntakt vids

1 Like

Mecha drum machine love!

Coming from a lot of Model:Cycles use it’s fun finding new ways to apply LFOs in more places on the synths as well as each filter’s parameters. I don’t fully grasp the FX track yet, but I tried using it here as a master filter in the beginning and there’s some of that easy ducking throughout.

7 Likes

Eight SY BITS machines only

14 Likes

That is lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great work!

The weird part is that I soooo wanted to hear a 4 on the floor kick breaking/fading in at the end (about 12 secs before the clip ends, and would keep going obviously) Just because I think it would sound great, and no other reason :slight_smile:

Would love to hear an extended mix of this sketch.

1 Like

How dirty and gritty can the Syntakt get?

Plinky Plonky Diaries
Entry 5

Perhaps a tad long but I was having a lot of fun using the mute groups and things and pleased enough with the end results.

Was very limited for time with my Syntakt during the week so pleased I found some time last night and bashed this one out.

Still very much enjoying it. I do find myself dreaming of some fantasy portable version pf the ST - what a device that would be! But anyway, it’s great fun as it is.

9 Likes

Pretty dirty and gritty. There’s a overdrive (digital or analog depending what machine you choose) parameter pretty much on all the machines!

I like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome music! Really loving the JRPG vibe :grinning:

EDIT: It reminded me that I did a quick cover of Path of The Wind by Joe Hisaishi (My Neighbor Totoro OST) using SY TOY for everything but the kick and snare :smiley:

24 Likes

really nice track. Available on BC ?

1 Like

Ohh very cool! Sounds great, man. I’ve been watching Totoro so much with my daughter, such a good movie with good music and good animations.

4 Likes

It is really awesome to hear all the great music people make in here, truly inspirational!
Here is a little pattern with SY BITS on everything (If I remember correctly) except for an analog kick and snare.

22 Likes

I felt the overdrive wasn’t quite scratching my itch when I used it. I did not get to figure out how to use the FX block, Is there a master analog drive as well? That would have helped a lot.

1 Like

Yup! has a multi-mode filter and drive there!

“The Analog FX block primarily consists of three analog parts, the drive, the multimode filter and an amplifier.
The audio from the voice outputs, external inputs, and the effect returns can be separately routed either
through the Analog FX block (pre) or directly to the Main mix (post).”

Yeah I read that in the manual. Was unsure if it just meant the analog voices or all of them. Thanks for clearing it up! Glad that the Drive goes up to 11!

2 Likes