Syntakt standalone music

100% Syntakt
Same idea as before but expanded, this is 14 patterns chained together. Recorded using OB standalone.

It sure would be nice to have a song mode!

18 Likes

I guess the 9 is not really a classic then.

1 Like

OMG LOL

:notes: my 9 mm and my 9 in my speaker :notes:

2 Likes

Ahaha, culture :+1: :wink:

1 Like

more gabber

(forgot to add effects.)

22 Likes

Learning this box is fun!
Let me know what you think :stuck_out_tongue:

ps: No post processing, just some light compression.

9 Likes

100% syntakt ? That’s great. Most demos online sounded way too tame for my use (although I find your track beautiful @sinkingfeeling), but it looks like it can sound more agressive than I thought.

1 Like

yes, 100% syntakt … actually everything i posted here so far :wink:

1 Like

First one sounds like my Model:Cycles but more clear/defined. I guess I’ll enjoy having separate drive and volume.

As a previous DFAM owner, the second one is very convincing.

Actually I sold my Model:Cycles long ago :cold_sweat: since - for my style of music - I had to put the whole output through distortion pedals to get useable sounds from it. I want gear that sounds huge on its own, and the Syntakt does :wink:

5 Likes

First go…

5 Likes

A normalized stereo recording straight from the Syntakt without post processing. This thing sounds really crunchy and punchy without outside help!

26 Likes

Exploring the 88
Syntakt > EHX Platform
Mellow Ride

17 Likes

@Tchu- enjoyed that so much. Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

I’m glad that you enjoyed my Friday Night Jam on the Syntakt, thank you @Snipecatcher! This Groove is making me self-dancing.

1 Like

Holy hardcore, that’s nasty!
I think I did the 1992 version, and you did the 1993-sampled-into-amiga version :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve always preferred the shorter sampled version for some reason.

Also, without glide, I’m struggling to get that same sustained feeling of the OG alpha version.

Ah! I really like that sound. Here’s my copy using FM bassdrum [as bass/lead] instead :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Oh yeah, really nice Sound!

I love this thread.

Really enjoying the sounds and 12 dedicated voices of the Syntakt. The FX bus is a fun addition, too. I feel like there’s a lot of sound I haven’t even begun to tap into, especially thanks to this thread. One good sign for the Syntakt: in my own explorations, I haven’t really looked at the preset sounds whatsoever, because it’s just such an easy instrument to edit on.

I’m struggling a bit with the how-to-perform-on-it side, but I think it’ll be a superb pairing with either the Octatrack or Polyend Tracker. On its own, though, I think it gives more than enough tracks to get a full song going. Fun instrument!

31 Likes