Syntakt standalone music

Yeah. You need multiple machines on multiple tracks, with LFO modulation on particular elements. You can create some lethargic monsters.

My first pattern on the syntakt! No post processing, just a normalized stereo recording. I messed up at the end when I accidentally hit the play button when trying to unmute the FX track :stuck_out_tongue: Really enjoying the ST!

32 Likes

Nice work! Gave me quality 16 bit era game soundtrack vibes!

1 Like

It has a similar vibe to Indigo to Red. Surprised at how Digitone-like it can sound!

1 Like

Thanks @J0n35y and @selfup! It does sound very Digitone-like, especially the drums. I’m using a lot of the same lock trig tricks as I use on the Digitone.

2 Likes

Do you have any plans to review or compare the ST? I find your input helpful!

1 Like

You took the plunge, nice! Did Elektron send you a free unit for your contribution to the workflow (TRIG + YES)?

1 Like

Here’s a variation on what I created yesterday. Using the same Sample library but with a different feel:

4 Likes

Samples? This Syntakt standalone thread :wink:

3 Likes

I’m obsessed with creating the Juno hoover sound on every device (so far, only my Bass Station II nails it).

Done with SY BITS, because it’s the only Syntakt machine offering pulse width modulation.

It’s not really that good, but I think we can share our fails as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Whoops, I’ve set the filter so low, that it sounds like from a ferro cassette. Bonus!?)

17 Likes

You’ve got the spirit of a teacher.

3 Likes

Yep.

A4 nails it.

Funnily enough, haven’t had a go yet with Syntakt, but now there’s a benchmark set, it’d be rude not to…

1 Like

Sounds really great, is the bass the FM bassdrum?

1 Like

Next hoover try. Unfortunately I can’t get the Syntakt (Elektron?) LFOs for the pitch slide contour to do exactely what I want yet(?) … I have to get more familiar with them …

6 Likes

Pretty good, got intercepted by kids all night, I’ll have a proper go tomorrow

Thank you @Jeanne! It is the SY TOY played on 3 Octaves. Bass and Lead are played with the same Synth on the same Sequence.

1 Like

lets have a syntakt partay i’ll bring the sy chips

5 Likes

It’s the digital BD Modern.

1 Like

tried something diff tonight, kinda works

multi-tracked w overbridge, bit of glue in ableton

we take our dog to a trail with lots of gopher holes in the evening. lots of chasing, never catches one.

12 Likes

WOOHOO

preparing myself for the youtube videos that will follow

2 Likes