Syntakt standalone music

I believe it is SY TOY

2 Likes

If so, that may have just sold me on the syntakt. I await the youtube video dedicated to full exploration of the ‘new’ machines :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I will post some music here showing off some of the sounds :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Listening to this I think you may be right.

@srejv this was your post, do you remember what machine makes the sound like a hollow tube on the first track … comes in at about 0:08 ?

That would be very welcome, particularly (for me) if you highlighted the new machines, and stuff that takes you beyond what the M:C machines can do, like proper ADSR envelopes on SY TONE, etc. Videos so far on youtube concentrate mostly on the machines, less on the amp and filter pages.

1 Like

Here is a little chill morning jam using 6 digital tracks with sy toy. No sound-locks, just jamming and using the filters and LFOs for movement.
The phaser effect in the end is done by routing all the tracks + effects through the fx block and sweeping the double notch filter.
Toy is made to do physically inspired “tuned percussion” sounds, like marimba, vibraphone, plucked string + other fun stuff :slightly_smiling_face:.

169 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, that sounds really awesome!

This could be used “as is” as a theme tune for the olympics or other big event :slight_smile:

I like it.
Is the bass on the first one coming from the DVCO or is it FM?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s on the forum somewhere, but can’t find his user, so can’t tag him :confused:

But Andreas Tilliander strikes again, with probably the best demo of the Syntakt so far, but genre fits right down my alley so I’m probably a bit biased.

Recorded straight from the outputs of the Elektron Syntakt.
This is not a demo of the synth though. I used very few channels and didn’t use all the synth engines either. Just a quick jam. My first session with the Syntakt.

51 Likes

It’s SY TOY, like @_Niko said. I even think it’s the default sound or very close to it. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not very good at handling the DVCO, pretty sure it’s the SY TONE machine.
I have unfortunately lost these patterns so I can’t be certain. :sweat:

1 Like

Thanks.
Im stoked it sounds this good over the net. Cant wait to plug it into my mixer!

2 Likes

SY TOY seems to me like the most interesting machine on the device… can’t wait to explore it… great sounds, I like your jam a lot!

5 Likes

Genius. :drooling_face:

Thanks! I hope you will like it and I am sure you can do much more interesting things than what I did in my sleepy morning jam :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The second song is really nice, well done. like a c64 come alive again. Impressive.

1 Like

You’re not kidding. My first thought on hearing that was that if the model:cycles had only ‘SY TOY’ as a machine, I might still have bought it.

syntakt only!
it is out stock now😩

after Overexcited sleepless night of reading manual and browse YouTube.
now i m calm down,sat back to my ancient Trinity…

Here’s a new track I created with just the Syntakt. It has a mesmerizing drone that seems to keep on evolving forever. Enjoy

54 Likes

6.06 :wink: