Syntakt standalone music

I made another Syntakt beat today… it started out as an ambient piece, but then I decided to add drums.

8 Likes

I went a little longer than I had planned, but really happy with making noise on this thing.
I hope you all have a nice weekend!

12 Likes

I just watched this on youtube, Excellent sounds! I left a comment.

1 Like

Thanks, man!
You don’t have to, but I appreciate the “internet points”.

I think that kind of stuff helps us all get connected and suggested to one another’s audiences. I’m not trying to grow a big channel by any stretch, but knowing there are people that listen to the weird music I make does feel nice.

4 Likes

Damn that bass that comes in at about two minutes is fucking exquisite.

2 Likes

For what started as a Syntakt-only hiphop challenge, I conjured up a “sample flip” technique, chopping bits of one pattern into a 2 bar delay loop, carrying into next pattern with a beat, and messing around.

Wound up closer to funk territory, but had a lot of fun. (Also got some wow and flutter tape effects on the “sample” by sequencing loopback to PB) [Edit: main out recording with stock eq, compression, limiter, all other fx from Syntakt]

8 Likes

Just got my Syntakt on Tuesday. What a beast!!
I’ve been working on a few tunes when I took a break and saw some ambient stuff on YouTube using the Syntakt.
So I decided to take a crack at it. I added the Source Audio Ventris on the end to really crank the space.
What a combo!

While It Lasts - Elektron Syntakt & Source Audio Ventris

7 Likes
11 Likes

Digging it!

1 Like

Can’t get enough of the synths on this, everything just sounds funky and doesn’t matter what engines you play with they all seem to sound great together

Todays jam

9 Likes

A drone performance

5 Likes

Great stuff!

1 Like

Nice vis

1 Like

Finally did the live take of the 3rd track from my recent EP.

17 Likes

Really good stuff ! Bends are Half Sine lfo on pitch ? What parameters do you control with the EC4 ?
A bit too long.

1 Like

Bends are the exp. curve and modulated with the EC4 connected to MW macros across various tracks. Eventually, I’ll grab another control or 2 for doing the same with BC/PB/AFT. At this point, all my sound design takes advantage of the macro stuff so I can have some dynamic sounds.

If it’s too long, you’re not in the right mindset :wink:

1 Like

:+1: Of course. Well done. I started to make kind of default MW settings with DN, too tired to make some with ST these days, but I have to. Default machine setups assigned to Soundpool too.

Give me a break…with pads! :content:

1 Like

agreed!

1 Like

This is incredible. :exploding_head: Kinda unbelievable actually.

1 Like

Thanks! The project file is available to download for forum members here for free, plus there are a few codes for Bandcamp if you want to check out the full EP.