SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Video proof.
FX ROUTING > MUTE MODE > PRESS REC = bug
Can’t mute after.

And funnily one of my feature request is to be able to switch directly to GRID REC when pressing REC BUTTON in MUTE mode.

If I press REC, I obviously want Grid Recording no ? :sketchy:

3 Likes

If I put the CP vintage on tracks 5, 6, or 7 it acts like retrig is latched and I can’t properly switch to any claps on those tracks without initializing the track sound first. Not sure if this is default or not.

Also… what is with the analog machine tuning being -6 by default?

Not a bug. Change envelope mode (Amp page 2).

2 Likes

Yeah, the oscillator type normally uses an ADSR, but it adopts the current selected AHD associated with teh current track - easy to get caught out, but it is on balance done the right way imho - especially if you like using machines for ‘other’ purposes

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introducing Syntakt

Another way to get the Mute mode / Grid Rec bug.

• Scale mode (Fn+Page)
  • Mute mode (Fn+Bank)

If Gric Rec is on before Scale mode , you can’t mute tracks.
If you Gric rec is off and is you press rec after Scale/Mute mode, you can’t mute tracks.

When I turn the Syntakt off sometimes (average 1 every 4 times) the screen stays on, flashes a bit and fades out.
Firmware 1.01

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this mentioned a bit here and on facebook groups too. Mine does it as well once in awhile.

1 Like

Can anybody try this on Digitone or Digitakt ?

Put some trigs on a track with grid rec.
Press NO+NOTE knob in TRIG page.
You can read ERASING locks, but it ADDS locks. Doesn’t seem the logical behavior.

IIIRC it was different on my Digitone.

If you enter notes, you can’t remove locks, they are replaced by current NOTE value. Annoying if you want to change current note freely without locks.

@darenager, @LyingDalai, @DaveMech, @Eaves, or anybody, could you please try to erase Trig page Note locks with your DN, in Live Recording ?

This is how it works on Digitone as well unfortunately. I’ve always found this to be a bummer. On the Digitakt it doesn’t lock automatically like that.

Edit: However it doesn’t say ‘ erasing locks’ on DN, so I guess they should remove that. Good catch, Better would be to use the same implementation as Digitakt. I’m not sure why DN and ST work differently with this.

Thanks for testing ! Maybe my tests were with DT. So yes, seems more logical !

Mine also does this. It’s my second unit because the first one kept freezing when I turned it on.

I can’t seem to hold the track button and change the scale of every track at once like i can with other params. Is this a bug?

AFAIK it is the same on other Digis. There is a per Scale per track, and Scale per pattern if you want same scale for all tracks.

1 Like

does anyone notice any difference in behavior between the syntakt and the digitakt when midi sequencing external gear via a midi keyboard/controller/launchpad?

i use the syntakt for sequencing all of my synths, and i used to use the digitakt, which was perfect (better). i think i remember the dt doing this sometimes, but it was very rare. with the st, i notice almost every time i try to add notes to a recorded sequence (recording notes into midi track via launchpad pro mk3 in live rec mode) that when the record head passes over a trigger, it deletes the previously recorded note. it doesn’t seem like a polyphony or note limit thing, since it’s typically mono sequences where the most overlap would potentially be 2 notes. i know i could do this successfully most if not every time with the a4 & dt

it seems a little wonky in general or less stable than the dt. more stuck note occurrences/weird behavior occassionally

Ah, I was talking about Keyboard scale (Ionian, Dorian, etc), I’m assuming you’re talking about the scale related to the length right?
I was hoping to have similar control over keyboard scale

Make a FR for a per pattern toggle on setting scale from any track … i.e. last scale selected - it’s not a bug

2 Likes

hmm, maybe I’m mixing that up with a different Elektron (possibly DN?)

AH you’re right it seems to work like that on the Syntakt - maybe they added it with 1.01 or something or got it confused with my digitone.