SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

I think I’ve found two:

Sometimes Copy/Pasting entire patterns to another doesn’t seem to work the first time around. Need to investigate, but does someone else get this?

I made p-locks on a chord track (inversion parameter), then changed the machine to TOY. the P-locks now targeted the second parameter (detune I think) and the value was showing ERR.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and it’s not something I want to be fixed or changed unless they can implement proper midi track renaming

But if you have a midi track setup, switch it to another machine, Func+“…” to ‘rename trk sound’, save, then change machine back to Midi trk and you can label your midi setups

4 Likes

Idk if it’s a bug or some config is missing but tried everything and MIDI information incoming from MIDI IN is not going out by MIDI OUT, only from MIDI THRU.

1 Like

what are you trying to do? Are you trying to sync other elektron boxes together or what?

1 Like

Absolutely not a bug to follow the MIDI specification properly

2 Likes

That is by design. The MIDI output port is for the MIDI tracks and will output MIDI when the MIDI machine is selected, (via the MIDI input or sequencer data).

2 Likes

@Encephalitislerthargi I think it’s a really good idea for Elektron Digis, but it should be in feature request thread !
And there :
Feature-request@elektron.se

2 Likes

Yep. I’ll add you can also use Syntakt midi tracks to remap CCs and midi channels (you can control midi tracks with the channel set in Midi Config, default CCs (see manual), and output midi data with the channel and CCs set on the track).
And all this modifyed midi go to Midi Out, original midi go to Midi Thru.

Third way : in Audio Routing page.
Press Func + Bank twice in that page, then press Rec Button.

I insist on the problematic behavior of that bug : it looks like you’re in Mute mode, but you’re in Grid Rec mode, so INSTEAD OF MUTING TRACKS, YOU’RE ADDING/REMOVING TRIGS, without visual feedback.

1 Like

Thank y’all folks!

receiving from Digitakt sending to Model-D

OK! But let’s say I have a MIDI Keyboard starting my chain and want to use it to play both ST and others synths controlled by ST. It should not pass by? Something like other synthesizers call “soft thru”?

If you want to play (and sequence) other synths via the ST you should use the MIDI machine on a specific track.

If you want to play an internal sound of the ST and an external synth simultaneousely you should use the MIDI through port. Internal tracks do not send out MIDI and there isn’t something like “soft thru” on the ST unfortunately.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like

@eliezerbrandao setting a midi track can act as a soft thru for a specific channel.

If you set an audio track and a midi track on the same channel (in MIDI CONFIG), you should be able to play an audio track and an external synth via midi out simultaneously. I didn’t tested it.

1 Like

You are right! That will work for sure! :+1:

2 Likes

is it possible the the ENVs on the FX-Track are not getting triggered at all? Say i set the mode to AHD and set there Depth to 127. Now when i set triggers the Env should be triggered and i hear the sound when the Env opens , but it doesn’t happen.

I’m, on 1.01 … i think this was working in 1.0

OF COURSE… it works in a new Empty Project :roll_eyes:

sorry my bad:
i had the FX track muted :zipper_mouth_face:

Hi ya.

When using the Syntakt with overbridge in ableton live (latest version), and trying to choose an lfo destination on any track the knob response starts lagging, quite a lot, and if the audio routing is selected to auto, for a brief moment as the machine is trying to keep up with the speed of the knob, audio from both overbridge and the unit itself plays at the same time with latency, doubling the audio coming out. If I switch the internal audio off it’s fine but the lfo destination selection still lags and it’s anoying because sometimes I use the machine just on it’s own and have to mess with the audio settings everytime I want to work in diferent ways.

I’ve opened a bug report on the following:
when opening Overbridge in Cubase 12.0.30 it sometimes opens a tiny window
which is all black, so basically you can’t see any of the controls you’d expect to
see in Overbridge. This makes the VST effectively useless for controlling purposes,
but it does route the audio etc via USB, so you get the integration minus the controls. Kind of weird, but Elektron are investigating.

I came here to look for this. Only got my unit a few days ago and just noticed this happening.

1 Like

They have mentioned that they are working on a fix for it for next update and that it’s a software issue.

2 Likes