SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Not a bug, but can be annoying: Lfo SYN parameters destinations are not in the logical / coherent order (it should be knobs a b c d e f g h order, not a e b f c g d h).

Btw AMP destinations are in the right order, not Filter destinations.

On FX tracks, Delay and Reverb are in the right order.

On lfo 2 pages, lfo destinations are in the right order.

5 Likes

Ouch, no I havenā€™t had the chance to report it.
Should we do it like a combined report?

1 Like

I think reporting it separately would be fine. Was interested to see if there was a response. Iā€™ll send one in now.

1 Like

Upon booting up the ST this morning, when playing the most recent patterns I had saved, I experienced multiple bugsā€¦ or one bug, not sure. Some soundsā€™ parameters had drastically changes, and it sounded like some things were choking each other. Turning it off, waiting 1 minute, and back on fixed the issue.

1 Like

I found something last night that could be a bug or a limitation.

I was playing around with the mod mapping, specifically this part:

I mapped the first encoder to pitch, and turned the level data knob, and it worked, which was cool!

My goal was to control the mod wheel externally to the ST while a sequence played.
My DT was all setup for this, and sending CCs to the ST from a midi track. So I went to it, and turned the MW knob, and yep it worked!

Then I had the idea of using the LFO on the DT to change the mod wheel, and this is the part I could not get to work. It works fine for my other midi devices, but does not seem to work when sending it to the ST. I was expecting to hear the pitch change with the LFO, but it doesnā€™t. And the strange part is that changing the depth on the LFO on the DT changes the pitch on the ST audibly, so it seems they are indeed ā€œtalkingā€.

IOW - when I have a series of notes playing on the ST, and I change the mod wheel on the DT I hear the pitch change for the notes, but when I use an LFO on the DT to drive that modulation it doesnā€™t work.

Sounds like this relates to the DT rather than the ST

Yeah, Iā€™m trying to figure that out. Iā€™ll try this with my DT and DN tonight, because if that works then it points to the Syntakt. The LFO from the DT drives my other synths fine (PRO3, Iridium, and Argon8).

Edit: Just confirmed that the DT to DN works fine. DT to ST does not work, I think something may be busted, or itā€™s a known limitation.

Anyone had ā€œsuddenly not able to record any notesā€ ?

working on a new pattern, had a nice sound on track 5 - just wanted to bash it in in real-time unquantized recording via keyboard mode. Nothing. Notes were there but no sound. Tried multiple times. Can hear the sound as Iā€™m playing the keyboard, red note trigs recorded, but no playback. wtf. tried in Grid entry mode - the same.

went to track 6 & set up the same sound : recorded normally straight away.
Went back to track 5 - now working. Only happened once.

track muted ?

2 Likes

no :rofl:

1 Like

I have had LFOā€™s stop working a few times. Like Iā€™ll set up an LFO and the parameters to do something and it works then switch to a different page and then the LFO just stops working even though the parameters still the same and untouched. Happened a few times but not long enough for me to capture it.

1 Like

For me there is a big difference between never works, and ā€œsometimes stops workingā€ :slight_smile: I sent it in to Elektron in case the midi processing on the Syntakt is WIP.

Itā€™s not you, Iā€™ve seen this several times on my DT, but not been able to reproduce it reliably.
Itā€™s pretty rare though, as ā€œseveral timesā€ is over the last 2 years of using my DT (assuming it also applies to the ST)

If you are seeing the same thing, when it happens, the trigs stop triggering the sound for that track. The fix is to press the trig on the device (when not in record mode), and suddenly it ā€œwakes upā€.

My only theory is that it has something to do with using an external keyboard or midi to play tracks, as I do that often.

Edit: Note that when this happens, I thoroughly check all settings. Itā€™s not the usual track level, filter, audio routing, fx routing, or track mutes. If it happens again, Iā€™ll try to make a video to show all the settings, and how it suddenly ā€œwakes upā€ when you press a trig. Itā€™s especially noticeable when a sequence is playing.

Edit: This just happened to me, and this time I was able to record it on my phone! You canā€™t hear the audio from the Syntakt unfortunately, but you can see the lights flashing. @xmit check out the video, maybe itā€™s similar to what you are seeing.

Hereā€™s the separate audio from the Syntakt, I didnā€™t splice them together:

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm if this is happening on their Syntakt too? Works fine on my DN, but on Syntakt, if I change the Global Settings > Audio Routing > To Main - all set to red, power down, then power back up, it doesnā€™t retain the changes. They default back to green.

Same thing happens with Pattern Settings > Audio Routing > To Main. uncheck Use Global, Set all to red, save pattern, save to project, save project. reboot - pattern settings default to Use Global again.

Pattern with a MIDI track pastes funny (trivial):

Pasting a pattern with the active track being a MIDI track into a new pattern results in the currently displayed parameter page on the new pattern having funky values, usually not related to MIDI.
This is temporary and reverts to its actual settings when changing to a different track or a different parameter page and back, (also the MIDI track still works as expected), so Iā€™d say itā€™s trivial.

To reproduce:
1. Switch a track to a MIDI track
2. Copy the pattern [FUNC] + [RECORD]
3. Choose a new pattern [PATTERN] + [TRIG]
4. Paste the pattern [FUNC] + [STOP]
5. Depending on which [PARAMETER] page is currently displayed, the [PARAMETER] page will show strange values until another page is accessed or another track is selected and you go back.

Hereā€™s the SYN page when pasting:

1 Like

After installing new firmware, the analog kick randomly changes the tune or decay parameter. Reverting through a factory reset corrects the issue. Anyone else seen this?

Update: Reinstalling new firmware seems to have fixed it.

Not my day. Got that message after pressing FX button then page buttons.
Happened 3 times. OS 1.01

I could make a video, but I donā€™t know what is the buggy combination. First time I touched buttons normally, slowlyā€¦

1 Like

i vaguely recall seeing this very disarming warning when doing something similarly innocuous, but i havenā€™t seen it since

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it was reported.
I had Rec led in Mute mode, like in Grid Rec, and impossible to mute tracks unless I press Rec button. Could disable again with Rec button (Rec led on).

I experienced something similar on the FX track in a particular project. It looked like my changes were being recorded, i.e. red and yellow trigs appeared, but I couldnā€™t hear any difference. Iā€™m new to this, so could be user error. However, in a new project, FX track sequencing works fine.
UPDATE: It was of course user error, me not realising the FX track was muted!:crazy_face:

1 Like