SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

While previewing sounds in the sound browser (FUNC+LEVEL/DATA), you can’t enter or exit mute mode with FUNC+BANK.
I work almost exclusively in global mute mode, so having to toggle out of mute mode before going into the sound browser adds a tiny wrinkle in an otherwise smooth workflow. On the Digitakt you can toggle mute mode while in the sound browser, for what it’s worth.

3 Likes

I have syntakt and some issues with pattern when I change with my digitone and my digitone are master and i have digitakt to… i put midi from digitakt and midi thru to syntakt and in the midi settings are same and my digitakt and my digitakt change when i do pattern change on my digitakt, but not in my syntakt. So there is some issues with pattern shift on syntakt.

Does anyone here experience the retrig mods not activating at all from time to time? They also will latch unexpectedly occasionally.

For example I will go for a roll and it will only play a single hit no matter the setting or trig, then somehow randomly it will begin working again. Similarly from time to time I’ll be holding a roll with a few triggers and when I let go, the retrig will be latched to a track and I will need to trig it manually for it to stop.

Pattern shifting works fine for me. I have digitone into syntakt into digitakt. Digitone is the master. Once I set the bar / length on each machine to the same settings under FUNC+PAGE they worked fine. So I don’t think there’s a issue with syntakt if mine is working.

I encountered this today as well. Did you report it to Elektron?

Hey! Yeah, I did end up reporting it. The support crew was able to reproduce it and they forwarded it on to the devs for a further look and I’d anticipate a fix in a future release.

2 Likes

Have you updated to v1.01?

I may have found another bug! I’m on firmware 1.01

The amplitude page 2 has three parameters.

AENR
MODE
FX ROUT

When randomizing that page, only AENR works. The MODE or FX ROUT doesn’t move. I’m not sure if this is intentional or if it’s a bug and should move when randomized.

NOTE: I reported this to elektron customer service as well and will write back once I get a confirmation that it’s a bug or not.

I’ve noticed this too.

1 Like

I have. Really is sort of random.

Have you opened a support ticket?

1 Like

I have not, but I guess I will now. Wanted to see if anyone else responds with a similar issue.

1 Like

Ok Elektron wrote me back. Confirmed that this issue I posted IS NOT A BUG!

"Hi Brock,

Thanks for the report!

We do omit some parameters from being randomized. FX routing and envelope mode are two parameters that are omitted, as randomizing them is not very useful and would give too unexpected results and potentially cause problems. Not a bug this time in other words, but please keep the reports coming!

Kind Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

1 Like

Hi,
I just made some changes to a pattern and powered down. When booting back up it started from another pattern, and the changes were gone.

I never saved the project, but aren’t patterns auto saved to the ram?

The manual should also say [BANK] + [TRIG 9-16] for selection of banks in the sound browser too, but it doesn’t;

report here(below) … it’s not a ‘bug’ per se

In relation to randomization of the Tune parameter— please DO NOT set randomize tune to be the default.

This is the 1 parameter that should ideally not be randomized as it would destroy objective comparison between 2 sounds in an existing composition.

Tuning should ideally be set at the trig level.

If the Tune parameter is randomized as it is in the analog machines— every single time a randomization event occurs, you will need to reset tune to get back to the original pitch.

This would not be an improvement.

2 Likes

They should be saved on power down, but I believe a few people have reported similar problems. Always save your pattern before powering down for this reason.

1 Like

Yeah that’s safer for sure. One small detail, not sure if it matters. But when powering off, I managed to push the button too soft, making the unit flicker on/off?

This also happened to me, but I thought I had just messed up somehow. Looks to be a bug. Have you reported this at all?