SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Hey Dave, I missed your first request and just saw this… my findings are similar to yours. On OB the tick is much louder.

First one is from OB, and the 2nd one is from the main outs on the Syntakt.
I cleared the track sound, then choose BD Hard on track 9.
I did 3 hits with tick at 0, then at 64, then at 127 and repeated it once.

They sound quite different to me

3 Likes

Clearly, even with my smartphone speaker. But from my previous test, my ST tick seemed closer to OB, or maybe between. I’m surprised how low it is on your main out recordings.

It would be interesting to compare stereo USB recording too…

1 Like

Yeap . Cool thanks for confirming this :slight_smile: Think we can call this a bug then.

Another thing that I found was that the main output in Overbridge is incredibly noisy. Noise floor is very high and it’s only on the main output.

perhaps, but … a bug would be unexpected behaviour (in software), it’s hard to figure what could be happening here, my hunch is we may hear a different version through the analog voice than the tap at the ADC - it’s semantics perhaps, it’s definitely an issue but it may well just be a voice path trait that we have to accommodate - something happening to the signal when it’s auditioned after the ADC

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s something that can be fixed - if not you’ll probably not be thanked for finding this characteristic ! :tongue:

1 Like

You’re definitely right :stuck_out_tongue:
But seen as OB is meant to get the true sound from machine to DAW I’m making that assumption haha.

Uhoh :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I confirm. CCs don’t correspond to the manual Appendix C values.

But it works for the modwheel recording trick…
@Tokin_Tone did you reported it to Elektron? Some other CCs are wrong in the manual…
Midi channel fx track - #11 by sezare56

1 Like

Been running into a bug small bug on St with ks 37. the issue is recording an arp from the KS37, I’ll have that going into the St, using keystep as master, I usually just REC+play and live record the arp for the 4 bars. problem is, when I go and press play on the ST, once the pattern is recorded done recording, the ST does not play the steps. Even after pressing stop, start, stop start. Its not until I go and live audition any step on that particular arp’d sequence, that the ST will finally start making the sounds on the steps, real strange. never ran into this problem on DT or DN.

2 bugs I found that are easy to reproduce:

• Enable scale + fold mode, set root note other than C. Then when step recording, you can’t set a note higher than C7 in the trig menu, but you can using shift and the keyboard. The range should be the same (so higher notes using trig menu should be allowed).

• Hold TRK, then CRTL-ALL any LFO target, then the depth quickly one after the other. Still holding the TRK button, press NO to return to original state. Every param return to their state as expected, but not the LFO targets. You have to press NO a second time to have them restored.

1 Like

I reported this a while back, best to bump support directly and mention it has been observed elsewhere

1 Like

So I’ve had this happen twice. Worked on a pattern, saved project, gone to bed. Turned Syntakt on and all the parameters of the track are reset to default. All my patterns etc are there, but all the synth settings are vanilla. Reload the project and it’s all fine again.

1 Like

I’ve searched and haven’t seen anyone mention this, but via Overbridge, the Delay/Reverb output consistently only gives me the Reverb. I’ve checked several times that the Audio Routing options are all selected in the settings menu. It doesn’t play the buffer on the FX track either (not that id expected it to). Anyone else seen this issue, and might it be an oversight or bug?

I’ve been working a lot with the delay buffer (freeze delays and resampling), and it comes through Main output just fine, but only delay sent to reverb (through delay settings page)—so, only reverb—sounds through the Reverb Delay track.

I don’t know if this is a bug or not (tell me what you think before I go submit a bug report): When holding down TRK to perform a control all maneuver, holding down FUNC at the same time doesn’t make the parameter jump to one of the default values. Maybe this is by design, but it feels strange that it doesn’t work the same way as when controling just the parameter of a single track.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect that it would be considered a bug, but it can’t do any harm to raise the thought

… In my experience, parameter locking a trig without the ability to use function simultaneously for slapping is a workflow killer and arguably more likely to be doable

Remember that some machines have different settings, so snapping on one may not be meaningful on another, but if you don’t see it any longer as a bug it can be presented as a feature request … perhaps there will be a logical reason disclosed for why it is currently omitted

1 Like

I had a crash while trying to organise the presets, the screen froze, specifically when I tried to delete presets I had copied and pasted elsewhere.
My SY was in overbridge mode, maybe that’s where it comes from … it’s sometimes unstable on mac M1 + USB hub …
My Sy lost the modifications on the tags (FAV) that I had put since 20 minutes …

Also not sure if this is a bug or a desired effect, and I am reticent to report it because it’s kind of cool, but I found it I p-locked a new sound on a single trig, the track stays in that sound.

I’ve yet to test if it’s repeatable, but it was definitely happening last night.

Not sure to understand. Could you please elaborate and give necessary steps ?

Let me try to step-by-step

• Track is set to a machine - say, Sy Bits, without tweaking any settings.
  • On trig 9 p-lock a different sound from the sound pool - lets call it “NEW SOUND

Expected behaviour

• Press Play on Pattern
  • Track plays SY Bits Default Sound until trig 8
  • Trig 9 plays “NEW SOUND” for one trig only
  • Track returns to Default Sound for trigs 10-16
  • Track loops back to the start still on Sy Bits Default Sound, until trig 9 where “NEW SOUND” is heard for one trig only
  • Stop pattern and play again
  • Above is repeated

Experienced behaviour

• Press Play on Pattern
  • Track plays SY Bits default sound until trig 8
  • Trig 9 plays “NEW SOUND” for the remaining trigs. The sound does not revert back to the Sy Bits default sound
  • Track loops back to the start still on “NEW SOUND
  • Stop pattern and play again
  • Track reverts back to the default sound until trig 9, where it switches to “NEW SOUND”, and stays there until stop/start or pattern change

Note that the actual situation was way more real world, and less controlled than this, so I’m not sure if its repeatable, but it was happening.

1 Like

I couldn’t reproduce it. Expected behaviour…

1 Like

I’ll investigate more later - but are you saying you couldn’t reproduce the “expected behaviour”, the experienced behaviour, or that my “experienced behaviour” is an “expected behaviour”? IF you couldn’t reproduce my experienced behaviour then what I am experiencing is not expected! :slight_smile:

It’s very possible that It was a user error, but last night I could not for the life of me figure it out.

I have no idea how to reproduce this, but I have on multiple occasions experienced the following behavior, seemingly at random:

• When pressing play on a pattern or switching to a pattern that has audio tracks routed to the FX track, the routed tracks will appear to be muted or have their audio distorted in such a way that they are unrecognizable or very low in volume.
  • If I stop playback, or switch to another pattern and then switch back to the malfunctioning one it fixes itself magically and tracks routed to the FX block will play normally.

Anyone else noticed this? My gut tells me it’s a ‘warming up’ thing and the analog parts are misbehaving for some reason, but other than that I have no clue what causes this, maybe I’m just missing something and it’s my fault.

1 Like