SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

I couldn’t reproduce the unexpected behavior you experienced.

Hearing default track sound after a soundlock is the expected behavior.

So you expected the unexpected behaviour to behave in a way you expected, but unexpectedly the behaviour wasn’t as you expected it to behave?

2 Likes

The only thing I was expecting that you all would behave.

2 Likes

Page+yes is broken…

1 Like

While in song mode, and song is playing on loop row:

when trying to manipulate LFO on the FX page, the pointer of the LFO target resets when the loop is completed - its still possible to select the target destination, but you have to be quick…

Also looping a short amount of the pattern is cool, but would be more useful if one could pick start and endpoint. The BPM Selection could move to the mute track menu of the editor.
Direct jump should be a configurable option to move between rows.

I need an explanation for the FX track in Song Mode:

1. My pattern is 32 steps long - i route some tracks to the Analog Filter the trig is on step 1 with a length of 32. I lower the filter frequency.
  2. My normal filter setting with out the trig is open.
  3. I mute the FX track on a following pattern - the filter should be open. Can someone reproduce it

in my case the filter stays closed.

Yes, I reproduced this.

Edit: I tested while watching the pattern mutes, noticed that the FX track came on and off as it’s supposed to, but it’s the one track that won’t let me mute/unmute.

But another realization: this mute only turns off the sequencer to the FX track not the filter, delay, drive, and the rest. It just tells it whether the trigs fire, I think.

Yes, but you should be able to open close the filter with a trig condition and mute and and unmute it with enabling disabling the sequencer track … clearly a bug…

" Thanks for the report!

We have confirmed this bug, and our developers have started working on a fix. It had unfortunately not been found in our beta tests. We are sorry this happened and hope to be able to release a fix soon.

Best Regards,…“

2 Likes

Still having the same issue with the new OS. If I go to Settings > Audio Routing > To Main - and set everything to off, then power cycle, everything gets reset to on. On the DN it retains settings. Is this expected behavior on the Syntakt?

I’m running the A4 into the Syntakt. I’m using 4 midi tracks on the ST to arrange the A4. I have two tracks that are set to 2x speed and are playing arp-style melodies.

Notes are placed on every other trig set to play 100% of the time, except for page 4 where I have trigs on the empty steps micro timed all the way to the left and trig conditions set to play on measure 4/4.

When I select a new pattern to chain into, instead of playing the last note and going into the next pattern, it will play one of the surrounding trigs instead of the last note.

Like… if it’s supposed to go C, G#, G, on trigs 12, 14, and 16, instead it will play C, G#, C. I don’t know if it’s going back to trig 12 to play the C, or trigs 13 or 15 which are also C, but aren’t supposed to play.

Has anyone run into this before? I’m searching everywhere for a setting or a locked trig that’s causing this but haven’t found anything.

If I let the pattern loop into itself, there’s no issue with the notes triggered.

I recorded a video trying to demonstrate the issue. Notice the last note before the pattern repeats, then notice how that note changes when the pattern changes on the second time around.

I wonder if there is some trig priority jank happening even though its trig condition is set to 4/4 and micro timed all the way to the left.

Double checked the trig before it and there is no micro timing so it shouldn’t be overlapping it in any way.

Anyone?

Seeing the same thing. Simply setting everything off, saving, switch to another project, switch back: the audio routing settings are not retained (they are all set back on).

DT retains these settings as a comparison.

1 Like

I’ve also found this issue but for me it happens with the reverb where the reverb suddenly drops out from all my samples and the incoming audio.

Also I’ve noticed that if I have the external mixer set to global the incoming signal doesn’t come thru until I tweak the pan knob? This could be user error but I can’t see why this would be a automatic function??

Thanks very much for checking. I’ll create a ticket.

I read back a bit and didn’t see this issue, apologies if it’s come up already…

When using my Syntakt as an audio interface on my computer, if I live record some parameter changes it seems like the Syntakt gets overwhelmed, becomes less responsive, and spits random modulation out (like I will be twisting the LFO depth knob and then every parameter on the LFO page gets random settings applied to it). Some parameters will get an “ERR” message when this happens, and I have to delete the sequence data and start over. If I switch to another audio interface this behavior goes away.

I found a bug, in the new 1.10 firmware update, on my Snytakt.
When I turn up, the external input volume level, so I can hear an external synth, that is plugged in,
Then turn the power off, then back on,
You can non longer hear the external input,
Even though the mixer ext. input fader, is shown as turned up, on the display, there is no sound from the external input.
The external input is only heard, after you turn the ext input fader up or down, a little.

Turning off power, also make it forget the external input, delay, reverb, and balance settings.

So to summarize, every time you turn the power off, it mutes the external input and resets the Delay, Reverb, and Balance settings to off.

NOTE: I discovered that this only happens if SETTINGS > GLOBAL FX/MIX > EXTERNAL MIXER is switched on.

2 Likes

Weird, I think I had tested this. Does it happen with a new project as well ?

are you triggering the track though - just like a Thru machine on the OT, it needs to be activated to be heard

When I create a new project, and turned up the external input,
I can hear the external audio, but turning up the echo, and reverb have no effect, until I punch one of the trig buttons, then the external input starts to get reverb and echo. Some say this is normal.
I don’t understand why it is not considered a bug.