SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

OF COURSE… it works in a new Empty Project :roll_eyes:

sorry my bad:
i had the FX track muted :zipper_mouth_face:

Hi ya.

When using the Syntakt with overbridge in ableton live (latest version), and trying to choose an lfo destination on any track the knob response starts lagging, quite a lot, and if the audio routing is selected to auto, for a brief moment as the machine is trying to keep up with the speed of the knob, audio from both overbridge and the unit itself plays at the same time with latency, doubling the audio coming out. If I switch the internal audio off it’s fine but the lfo destination selection still lags and it’s anoying because sometimes I use the machine just on it’s own and have to mess with the audio settings everytime I want to work in diferent ways.

I’ve opened a bug report on the following:
when opening Overbridge in Cubase 12.0.30 it sometimes opens a tiny window
which is all black, so basically you can’t see any of the controls you’d expect to
see in Overbridge. This makes the VST effectively useless for controlling purposes,
but it does route the audio etc via USB, so you get the integration minus the controls. Kind of weird, but Elektron are investigating.

I came here to look for this. Only got my unit a few days ago and just noticed this happening.

1 Like

They have mentioned that they are working on a fix for it for next update and that it’s a software issue.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How hot does your Syntakt get?

Periodically when using the overbridge VST my computer will go to sleep or something and I’ll come back to it and the audio will be crackly and completely unusable. I can restart it and the audio will be clean again.

1 Like

I think I found a bug:

When using the double notch filter on the FX track, if you’re putting trigs with an attack enveloppe you can hear “plops” when there’s no sound at all, especially at lower filter frequencies. And as you move the filter frequency up, the “plops” moves from left to right in the panning. It doesn’t happen at all with any other filter types, only the dual notch. Very weird…

1 Like

It’d be a lot easier to deduce what you mean with steps - but having found clicks - rather than ‘plops’ - I was initially surprised to hear what you described in terms of panning - this filter type is there for phasing effects, so the tuning of the filter is affecting phase and pan of where you hear the click/plop

the way to remove the click it is to disable Amp Envelope reset

I don’t think the panning/clicking is 100% a bug, but they may be concerned that the way it’s set up is resulting in artefacts that may be something they can dial out, I know this is an area that has had tweaks, so it may be worth flagging up officially to see if there’s any concerns - I imagine it’s just a consequence of a phase shift left/right and there’s therefore a different effect left to right depending on where the amp envelope is being reset from - it may be something that can be managed better, who knows, ask directly

It’s there in LPN too, but super subtle

When previewing a trig on a midi track, only the base note is being sent out (that is, not NOT2, NOT3, and NOT4). However, when playing a sequence with the very same trig, all note on events are being sent out.

This might be intentional but in that case I don’t understand why (and I would say that the expected behavior for anyone using the machine would be that all notes are being sent during the trig preview).

1 Like

It’s not intentional, it’s a bug I noticed too. On the DT, the preview of trigs on MIDI tracks work as expected.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the information. I created a ticket regarding this on Elektron’s website.

1 Like

16 steps track with 64 steps fx track doesn’t function.

Retriggers seem to reset after changeing parameters. So set step to retrigger 20 or some , change Some parameters in that track and the retrigger is gone.

Sometimes automation is cleared when working on pattern. P-locks will sometimes dissapear.

Cubase 11 , after editting and opening snotter vst , overbridge plug-in Will collapse to Tiny window. It Freezes the Syntakt reboot is neccesarry

There might be some good feedback here, but it looks a little short on details that will allow confirmation @_lex

I aspire to describe the minimal steps from a blank pattern to reproduce, if possible !?

Hi,

I had the issue yesterday that my Analog Kick sounded different on the first Trig. Means when I changed my pattern and the kick started, the first one was much quieter as the others. It was always only the first one and it did not happen always. Does anyone else also saw this bug?

Regards Alex

actually this might have happened in my projects as well!

if you said it was a digital machine it’d be more puzzling, however, it’s not inconceivable that an analog voice will sound different on the first hit if parts of the circuit are not ‘stimulated’ … it happens a lot with analog four drums made from resonant filters - and a cure for a normal phenomenon (if it’s indeed that, it seems most likely) like this is to ensure a trace of noise is flowing on to the trig, or have a grace note before it that’s near inaudible - this is one reason why it’s generally the first hit of an analog voice that isn’t sounding - it depends on settings

you may as well share either the machine or settings so others can compare

it may be possible to allow a voice to ‘settle’ or maybe just swap the voice momentarily for a silent sound lock so it’s in its ‘circuit dead’ state

and just monitor how long (between trigs) it takes to get false triggers by tapping the track manually

maybe put the nulling silent lock trig on the track so you can easily press play to hopefully ‘silence’ the voice on that track

or

make a simple test case with two patterns simulating your use case and explore whether a grace/ghost note pre kick will remedy it - if it does, it’s just the way the voice works rather than a bug, at least the precedent is long established with other boxes with analog voices

I’ve reported a bug regarding sound locks not adopting the correct machine on the first pass - are you using sound-locks, out of curiosity

it helps to try to identify the root cause by simplifying things right down to the minimum of variables

More about that ? Did you signal it to Elektron Support ?

I wonder if it sends CCs, didn’t try yet…
Edit : CCs works.

Hi! Yes, I raised the issue to support and they confirmed this is a bug to be fixed and that Syntakt should behave the same way as Digitakt in this manner.

2 Likes