SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

I can’t seem to hold the track button and change the scale of every track at once like i can with other params. Is this a bug?

AFAIK it is the same on other Digis. There is a per Scale per track, and Scale per pattern if you want same scale for all tracks.

1 Like

does anyone notice any difference in behavior between the syntakt and the digitakt when midi sequencing external gear via a midi keyboard/controller/launchpad?

i use the syntakt for sequencing all of my synths, and i used to use the digitakt, which was perfect (better). i think i remember the dt doing this sometimes, but it was very rare. with the st, i notice almost every time i try to add notes to a recorded sequence (recording notes into midi track via launchpad pro mk3 in live rec mode) that when the record head passes over a trigger, it deletes the previously recorded note. it doesn’t seem like a polyphony or note limit thing, since it’s typically mono sequences where the most overlap would potentially be 2 notes. i know i could do this successfully most if not every time with the a4 & dt

it seems a little wonky in general or less stable than the dt. more stuck note occurrences/weird behavior occassionally

Ah, I was talking about Keyboard scale (Ionian, Dorian, etc), I’m assuming you’re talking about the scale related to the length right?
I was hoping to have similar control over keyboard scale

Make a FR for a per pattern toggle on setting scale from any track … i.e. last scale selected - it’s not a bug

2 Likes

hmm, maybe I’m mixing that up with a different Elektron (possibly DN?)

AH you’re right it seems to work like that on the Syntakt - maybe they added it with 1.01 or something or got it confused with my digitone.

I think I’ve found two:

Sometimes Copy/Pasting entire patterns to another doesn’t seem to work the first time around. Need to investigate, but does someone else get this?

I made p-locks on a chord track (inversion parameter), then changed the machine to TOY. the P-locks now targeted the second parameter (detune I think) and the value was showing ERR.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and it’s not something I want to be fixed or changed unless they can implement proper midi track renaming

But if you have a midi track setup, switch it to another machine, Func+“…” to ‘rename trk sound’, save, then change machine back to Midi trk and you can label your midi setups

4 Likes

Idk if it’s a bug or some config is missing but tried everything and MIDI information incoming from MIDI IN is not going out by MIDI OUT, only from MIDI THRU.

1 Like

what are you trying to do? Are you trying to sync other elektron boxes together or what?

1 Like

Absolutely not a bug to follow the MIDI specification properly

2 Likes

That is by design. The MIDI output port is for the MIDI tracks and will output MIDI when the MIDI machine is selected, (via the MIDI input or sequencer data).

2 Likes

@Encephalitislerthargi I think it’s a really good idea for Elektron Digis, but it should be in feature request thread !
And there :
Feature-request@elektron.se

2 Likes

Yep. I’ll add you can also use Syntakt midi tracks to remap CCs and midi channels (you can control midi tracks with the channel set in Midi Config, default CCs (see manual), and output midi data with the channel and CCs set on the track).
And all this modifyed midi go to Midi Out, original midi go to Midi Thru.

Third way : in Audio Routing page.
Press Func + Bank twice in that page, then press Rec Button.

I insist on the problematic behavior of that bug : it looks like you’re in Mute mode, but you’re in Grid Rec mode, so INSTEAD OF MUTING TRACKS, YOU’RE ADDING/REMOVING TRIGS, without visual feedback.

1 Like

Thank y’all folks!

receiving from Digitakt sending to Model-D

OK! But let’s say I have a MIDI Keyboard starting my chain and want to use it to play both ST and others synths controlled by ST. It should not pass by? Something like other synthesizers call “soft thru”?

If you want to play (and sequence) other synths via the ST you should use the MIDI machine on a specific track.

If you want to play an internal sound of the ST and an external synth simultaneousely you should use the MIDI through port. Internal tracks do not send out MIDI and there isn’t something like “soft thru” on the ST unfortunately.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like