Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

I can’t make any of the machines behave that way. Are you sure?

Would make more sense to me if the Sound Pool used the same logic of only showing compatible sounds like the sounds on the +Drive.

Yep, sound designer’s paradise

1 Like

I’ll have a play :slight_smile:

I created a pattern today which totally destroys the audio on the Syntakt. It starts to crackle as you move the filter cutoff, and then the audio breaks up and cuts out altogether across all machines. The only way to fix it is to reboot.

This happened by performing the tip someone posted in the other thread for using Mod B to trigger different velocities, then I went into the settings and set the different Velocity mod targets to cutoff low, resonance high and amp volume low. Then I live recorded a few trigs from Mod B. This then results in the audio crackling and breaking up. If I then open up the filter cutoff the audio drops out altogether across all tracks and doesn’t return.

I’m not sure if this a bug or if I’ve managed to create such a situation where the Syntakt somehow sets the filter beyond its safe operating range and can’t keep up and shuts off altogether. Still, you shouldn’t really be able to create a situation where the machine fails.

Should I report this to Elektron support? I can share the file if it helps?

1 Like

I might be interested in the file. I’m currently not able to reproduce the issue using that scenario

Anyone have issues with midi pattern changes? I am running the DN into the ST with the ST sending program changes (all 3 send options are on the ST, all 3 recieve are on the DN). No per pattern stuff is on either device so there’s no issues with ch len. All other midi functions work like start/stop, clock, etc. I have restarted both devices, tried different projects, etc. No issues with exact same settings on DN+DT. Thanks!

@Chroma_Surge I just read this. Is it relevant?

I don’t seem to be able to use step rec at all. When in step standard/jump mode and press func I don’t get the keyboard at all.

I have not used step rec much before so perhaps I don’t do it right, but it doesn’t work as the manual says it should.

Here you go. The issue is on Bank 3, Pattern 1. When you open the project hit play to hear the crackling. Then on Track 6 open the filter cutoff and you will hear the audio break up and shut off.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiEpGfX6ipctnboVjSfZ6R8aWKPJ7g?e=1Zhtr2

PS. Watch your ears

1 Like

Why is there a DISABLE option when selecting Analog machines, but not on the Digital machines? Curious why you might you want to disable the Analog machines?

To reduce/cut the Noise coming from the Analog Machines.

2 Likes

When in Grid Recording mode, if you perform a Global Mute, Steps 1 to 12 will become green, the 13th Step is strawberry (Modifier is selected) and the Rec button (circle) will unlit. Nothing wrong for now but if I press the TRK button, the Rec button will lit (red) and the Steps 13 to 16 won’t be the Modifiers anymore but instead, they will represent the Trigs of the Track you’re on and they will turn to red. So, if you press one of the Trig thinking it’s a Modifier, you will lose (erase) that particular Trig from your Sequence. Now, imagine you’ve spent some time p-locking the hell out of this particular Trig and didn’t save your Pattern…

Bug or expected behavior?

1 Like

Ah makes sense

1 Like

It’s also in the manual p.95 :

DISABLE (MACHINE DISABLED)
There are no parameters on the SYN page when the DISABLE machine is selected. Use this machine to make sure no sound or noise is coming from the track the machine is assigned to.

2 Likes
  1. I can’t get fill mode to latch. I’ve tried everything with regards to pushing yes+fill and I just can’t get it to latch. Can anyone confirm this? Am I being stupid?

2. I don’t think trigless locks work properly on the FX track. I create a trigless lock and set it to trigger the amp env (ducking)… it doesn’t work.
    If instead I create a normal trigger, and disable the lfo and filter trigs, but leave amp env trigger, it works as expected.

That’s normal. This is also the case with the digitakt display. Try thinking limited amount of glow energy per line :slight_smile: (you see, it is darker in the TRK display part where there is the long line of the envelope display).

MIDI CCs for the FX Block don’t work at all when used with an external controller

1 Like

The following excerpt from manual does not work mostly. I’ve managed to get it to behave like that only on notes with retrig turned on.

“Press [NO] + one (or several) of the [TRIG] keys to erase a sequence of recorded trigs on a specific track (or on several tracks) in time with the sequencer, i.e. all steps reached on the pattern playing will be erased until the keys are released.”

Second thing I’ve found is that “VEL” parameter on retrig menu works only for fade out, I couldnt get it to work with fade in.