Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

Can anyone confirm, thanks.

Confirmed what you’re seeing as well. Pressing TRK and releasing kind of results in a global mute mode for tracks 1-12 and a grid recording mode for steps 13-16 on the currently selected track.

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s a nasty one. Even after clearing the modulations out, and starting from scratch on that track (6), ALL digital tracks appear to be borked (no sound at all for any digital track) for all patterns and banks across all projects. Analog tracks are still OK and sound when you press the trig. A reload from the project doesn’t fix it. It’s like the digital engine just shuts down completely. Your settings look fairly harmless too, I wonder what’s going on…

Have you check mutes ?
Do you see the track being activated when you press play?
Can you see the machine on Transfer? If yes, maybe you could backup then do a factory reset, just in case.
But it’s possible that there is a user mistake, it happens regularly ^^

Thank you @jimmy.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.

Yes it’s a nasty one, not sure what has caused it. I guess I should send the project file to Elektron support.

No problem, and yeah, I’m sure support would be quite interested in that project. This last go around I got a high-pitched squeal that persisted even when I loaded up the presets factory project.

Good suggestions, and yes, there are mutes and things, but even loading up a completely different project, even the factory project, results in all digital tracks not working/making sounds (even un-muted). Luckily a friendly reboot solves the problem to get things back to normal.

Try placing the trig with a lower velocity (e.g. 50) and configure the retrig to fade in.

This doesn’t sound like a bug, it appears to be a misunderstanding about how the tracks will repeat when you change their length individually

Each Track can have its own length, 12 in your case

If you set up a pattern which has individual Track Lengths, then the Pattern adopts a repeating cycle based on the Master Len(gth) parameter … it will likely have been 16

so 1-12 play, then repeat, but as it gets to 4, it reaches teh master length count of 16 so it is forced to restart

if you set the master length to 24 it wouldn’t jump out as unusual for that track, but would for another probably, so you either need to use a high number for the Master Len so the forced restart is infrequent, or you may need to calculate the lowest common multiple

so for two tracks Len 10 and Len 12, you can (in theory) set Master Len to 60 (if selectable) as one will loop 5 times and one 6 times before they both restart together as the Master Len reaches 60

So without further clarification, it sounds like this is probably your issue !?

2 Likes

Ok, that worked. My bad.
Thanks for help!

1 Like

Unfortunately no, I’m not trying anything fancy like sending the PC message from a trig, I’m just trying basic pattern switching. Playing pattern 1, try to switch to pattern 2, it changes on the ST but not on the DN despite all the midi settings being correct.

Is anyone else having this issue? Fairly frustrating having to manually change patterns on both boxes at the same time.

EDIT: I actually just solved the issue, looked in the channels menu of the ST and the default Auto channel was 14, and on the DN the default is 10. I changed the DN Auto channel to 14 to match the ST, and it worked. So maybe the default channel should be changed in the next update so that people don’t have to dig around for that option for every project?

Thanks for this definition. Ah ok it is different than to other drum machines who i use. ok that is for me not the best but ok. thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those who might be interested, the bug I previously reported regarding PC messages sent from Syntakt is not really a bug but a misunderstanding on my end. I edited the post to make it clear, since I know I’m not the only one who has tried to do this before and possibly won’t be the last :slight_smile:

On which device you would like to change this and to which channel?

1 Like

I don’t have my Digitakt anymore, but I’m assuming that the default channel would have also been 10 (as the Digitone) since I never had to change that setting with those devices, so since the Syntakt defaults to 14, maybe it should be 10 as well? Just makes things more seamless, one less step. Maybe I’m missing something?

Wouldn’t you just click the trig you want to delete to delete the single trig?

The Syntakt has 12 tracks and a separate fx track, so that’s why the default auto channel is 14.

It would be way more confusing to set the default auto channel to 10 as that would interfere with track 10.

2 Likes

I would imagine channel 10 is the default channel for track 10 on the syntakt already ?

Happens on Digitakt too, reported a while ago but no fix as yet. Guess it’s the same code for the Syntakt seq.