Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

My +drive seems to be empty. If I do func+level/data then the screen says “+drive has no sounds”. Same thing if I do func+sound then choose sound browser.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

me neither

When powering down and the power switch is off the display remains enlightened for a few seconds.

very zen :wink:

FWIW Fine here, so you may want to qualify how you are connected up, does it do this when it’s standalone using its own psu ?

:thdw: Bug ? : CP Vintage decay only affecting noise spectrum

There’s two components to the clap which can be balanced

Bal 0 = Noise > Bal 127 = pitched ‘tone’

SYN/DECAY only affects the Noise part

This may be a conscious choice; just a pity that it affects the sound design possibilities if you have the noise off

EDIT Please Note : The Body Env does do this, so maybe the idea was always to have two envs

So I’ll leave this up, but I don’t believe it is a bug, just flagging to be sure that the Decay isn’t for the voice as a whole

Otherwise it may be handy to put Noise Decay in the banner rather than just Decayto reinforce the distinction

Zen not on purpose as i am not nativ speaking, but makes think…. nice side effect.
Yes, on its own psu and it was running for quite a while
I am not bothered about it, just wanted to mention

1 Like

Not all features are shown in the VST version of Syntakt Overbridge in Cubase (on MAC OS X 11.6.5)

I’m not sure if they’re bugs or not, but has anyone had the following happen?

1. the M1 retrig button locks on (button 13). I’ve had this happen a few times. Maybe it’s a feature?

2. the Step Rec mode not moving forward a step after choosing a note

Cheers
Alex

Yeah I was finding the second thing the other day

1 Like

Are you sure as this was discussed above, wondering if there’s a procedural(aka user) issue when testing ?

See this and posts just above

Probably not - i think there are a few bits being tidied with M1 input that may relate back to this, when you go overboard, it was possible to get unexpected outcomes … so unless you can repeat it may be worth waiting for any upcoming updates which typically come within a month iirc

1 Like

I’m still having both of x0x’s issues (I reported the step issue above). It’s intermittent, and seems to happen only after I’ve had the unit on for a while (estimating an hour+). I can’t identify any unique sequence of actions that causes either bug, so I’m waiting.

The locked M1 can be corrected by switching to M2-4 while the unit is on, but I’ve only been able to correct the stuck step record cursor by restarting the unit.

LED stuck on (no 13 baby!) - had this with the digitakt…. Going to run the test mode, but will probs have to send it back!

1 Like

That’s a feature, it shows the current Modifier. You always see one in strawberry and one in Red(Track)

Select Modifier 13-16 with function button held first

4 Likes

Lol - ok! I will read the manual I promise

3 Likes

Sometimes when I’m on a menu page and switch tracks, the page still holds the info for the previously selected track, have to use ‘no’ then go back in to make it refresh.

I have some strange behaviour with my headphones output. Any hissing after turning the master volume knob past 12?

Also, the behaviour does not seem regular. It happened the first time I switched the Syntakt on downstairs, but not in the studio upstairs. I don’t have this issue with my OT MK2 nor I had it with the Digitone in the same conditions.

I will do more testing, but wondered if anyone has experienced this issue?

(obviously not a bug, but not sure it was worth opening a new thread)

On the AFX track, when I create a p.plock on one Trig it applies that parameter setting across the whole pattern. Is this the correct behaviour? I’m thinking it might be a bug?

So for example, I have the LP filter wide open and place one a Trig on step 5. Plock the cutoff on that step to 50. It should only apply that cutoff setting to that one Trig right? For me, once Step 5 changes the cutoff settings then it stays at 50 throughout the rest of the pattern.

A fix is to place a Trig on all 16 steps, and then Plock step 5, but this isn’t how Plocks happen anywhere else on the Syntakt (or the rest of the Elektron world).

Pattern Length Bug ( Track Lengh 12 Steps)

When you do a 12 Step pattern maby on the BD ( track 9) and do a BD on 1 ,5, 9
Do a reetrigger on the first BD on step 1 To get a ratchet. And you will notice that the 4 Steps will repeatet direct that means you will hear the BD on BD two times …

this happen on all tracks and all instruments. That means the fisr 4 steps will be repeatet …

@eangman

So the CP Vintage amp envelope retriggers when set to ADSR on the AMP page. It’s pretty cool to be honest, and as far as I can tell, it’s the only machine that behaves like this. I couldn’t see anything in the manual about this so I’m guessing it’s either a bug or it’s missing from the manual?

If it’s a bug I’m not sure I would want it to be fixed! :joy:

It’s not the amp envelopes that is retriggered, it’s the osc part. It’s the same for all the sound engines, although only the claps get this retrig-like sound, whereas for other sounds it’s more continuous.
I think it does the same with AHD in note hold mode.