Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

A new firmware is coming soon to squash the remaining bugs, but anyway, here are the resources page with

• manual
  • new Overbridge version
  • new Transfer version

React here.

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in this OS and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

5 Likes

Bug: not yet in my hands

18 Likes

This should be in a much better situation than digitakt ( had terrible midi ) and digitone

Perhaps a few bugs but I’m sure it’s far more usable out of the box than before
And overbridge should be nicely developed too.

1 Like

BUG: Can’t paste AMP parameters into track 5/6/7.

How to reproduce:

• Initialize new project
  • Choose track 1
  • Change AMP parameters
  • Copy SYN parameters
  • Paste into all tracks
  • Copy Track 1 AMP parameters
  • Try pasting into any/all tracks’ AMP
  • You can paste AMP parameters into tracks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8 but not 5, 6 and 7 (no error or additional dialogue, it’s like the keypress is ignored)

I have tried this with various machine types and it seems like the machine itself is irrelevant. Somehow it has to do with track 5, 6 and 7.

Have you created a ticket for Elektron support?

yes

3 Likes

I found a strange behaviour didn’t find in other digis, I guess is a bug, when I browse the sounds for a track, can’t hear the sound selected in browser screen, always sounds the same sound (first one I play in preview). And if I’m in chromatic mode, in the same screen, the pads 9-16 are lighted in red and select the bank sounds, instead lighted in white and acts as a keyboard to play the preview sound in screen. The other pads (1-8) seems ok.

1 Like

I can’t seem to reproduire this.
In keyboard mode, while looking for a sound for the current track (Fn+Level) I can see the line 1-8 in white (I love the fold mode btw).
Line 9-16 is red if all banks are selected, or only the selected bank is red.
Which seems normal and what we want.

How can I reproduce your observation?

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if the audio routing is supposed to behave like that:
Say I configured tracks 1-4 to run through the FX track. When using overbridge, I’m able to record the FX block, main out and tracks 1-4 separately. However, when I go into the audio routing settings and remove tracks 1-4 from the main out, they are also removed from the FX track stereo stereo signal.
I thought I would be able to use the main out and the FX track as two separate stereo busses for recording, so I hope this is a bug and not hardwired into the STs architecture.

How are your displays? Anyone has dark horizontal lines when display is dimmed? I do have some mainly when track selected.

I just turned it in for the first time and for surprised of how uneven those are when dimmed.

Same here!
It’s different on the FLTR menu: it follows the sustain line.

Could be software related? It does look different on some pages.
I remember discussion back when DT was released on the same topic.

Well, it changes when you change the filter sustain, so it’s not a burned screen.
I have no clue if this can be addressed with software, I guess it can but is it worth it, I wonder.

Mine has done this 3 times, the first 10 mins… on it’s own.
Posting for screenshot rather than bug analysis!

If I have to return it then I think the affair may be short lived, I feel a bit dirty now.

4 Likes

Actually, nevermind in fold mode or not… the only way to preview (prelisten) the sound in soundbank when you are in preview screen is func+yes.
I thought you could play the sounds in soundbank with keyboard in chromatic mode (or fold) as you could with digitone. Then if you want to select a bank in this screen, press bank key and the pad 9-13 to select, as digitone.

1 Like

I’ll hazard a guess that is just the way the dimming is implemented, and not something that can be changed/fixed.
It looks like the dimming function might limit the current available to each row of pixels, so those with less pixels lit up on the row end up brighter.
Looks like the very top rows are between the level of that dim one and the bright ones.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Digis and the AR exhibit this as well, I think it’s just an artefact of how the screen works but I will double check tomorrow

Only thing I’ve noticed is every now and then when you play the keyboard, sometimes notes latch on even after letting go of the key then you have to press again to get it to go off?

Do a factory reset. Turn off the machine. Hold down the FUNC key and turn it on again. You will see a list with numbers. Press the trig that has the same number as the factory reset option in the list.

I don’t exactly know the cause but these dimmer lights on low backlight seem to be common on OLED screens.

My BOSS GT-1000CORE has them too.

Maybe it’s the low backlight intensity.