Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

Sounds like model:cycles behaviour. Removal of power (by unplugging or turning off the mains) gets a very different outcome to hitting the power button.

I powered down first.

1 Like

If I load a sound from the pool, for a track, then go to the SYN page it should show the current active sound for that track (in the border at the top of the screen) it mostly works but sometimes Iā€™m seeing that tracks ā€˜defaultā€™ sound listed instead. Maybe user error, I havenā€™t dipped in too deeply yet.

1 Like

Bug(?): live recording step retrigs via modifier keys

When in live recording mode, I try to record some retrig-ged steps. The actual steps are recorded but not their proper retrig length.

Could someone kindly try to reproduce this? According to the manual (as I understand it) it should be possible to record the retrig play. But maybe Iā€™m overseeing something.

1 Like

Iā€™ve observed this as well - retrigs donā€™t seem to record for their expected length.

1 Like

yeh i noticed this too

Thanks a lot for confirming. I will open a ticket.

I have already reported this bug, itā€™s been acknowledged and they are working on it.

3 Likes

Zippering/retrig like effect on certain sequences with polymeter.
I had a 12/16 track with claps that had a retrig-like effect on every reset, when you listen to it soloā€™d it sounds more like itā€™s creating sampling artefacts (?) instead of retrigs. Checked all the trigs for p-locks or retrigs but nothing there.
Donā€™t really mind cause its sounds kinda cool, but figure Iā€™d mention.

Just got my Syntakt couple hours ago, already had this problem multiple times. Did you open a support ticket?

No, I have to return mine due to another hardware issue.
I ran the test and did a factory reset about 5 times and not seen that screen since.
But again mine has to be exchanged, gutted.

has anybody tried using the scale fold with an external midi devce? i canā€™t get it to work. the external device plays chromatically no matter how things are set. iā€™m using the auto channel.

maybe iā€™m misinterpreting the manual? here is what the manual says:

ā€œKB SCALE sets the trackā€™s scale. This setting governs which notes are playable on the Syntakts [TRIG] keys and from external MIDI devices that send on the Syntaktā€™s Auto channel to allow only notes in the set scale. For a list of all selectable keyboard scales,ā€

thanks.

Did you try sending midi direct to the track rather than the auto channel ? Just a thought.

i did try both midi channels.
thanks though.

1 Like

On Digitone as well, such scales donā€™t work for external keyboards. Itā€™s intended as a filter for internal keyboard, but once the notes are on the sequencer, you can still choose a note that doesnā€™t belong to the scale you have chosen.
So itā€™s not something to see has a way to enforce notes on a scale post recording.

I think I remember being able to hold function while turning a knob and have it snap to certain values while doing parameter locks. This doesnā€™t seem to be the case on Syntakt.

I donā€™t have another machine to compare, and it does work when tweaking parameters, just not while doing p-locks.

1 Like

My interpretation is the same as yours. I tried yesterday but it doesnā€™t work. So, Iā€™ll ask the question to Elektron and report back.

1 Like

I was expecting it to behave this way also. Shame it is not
Is it possible the manual is describing the behavior only on a midi machine?
Donā€™t have mine yet, but it would be good to understand if it works in that scenario

Is this a bug? When I change one of the analog machines to oscillator one it stays and holds on one note instantly.

Indeed, you can reach jump values only when tweaking parameters, not while holding a trigā€¦ So no jump values for p-locking for now :-/

1 Like