Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

Can someone confirm this behavior?

play any preset…enjoy
switch to Bank B, Pattern 16…don’t enjoy, I don’t like it
while it’s playing, press bank+track and pick anything else…from A or B…
it doesn’t switch…ever…just keeps playing…over and over…

I thought it might be something about it having only 16 steps - but others that also only have 16 steps can be played and switched as normal.

thanks

edit - should have mentioned that I can stop it with [Stop], just not switch to anything else while it’s playing.
edit2 - sorry if you made this preset, it’s just not for me.

1 Like

not sure if this is a bug, but it’s slightly distracting

to reproduce:
switch a track from it’s current type to MIDI
change to a different parameter page (amp etc)
FUNC + No will reload the pattern from temp - but the parameter page still displays the MIDI
clicking on this page’s button does nothing
you have to press a different button, then back to see the change
if you play the pattern it’s fine (back to it’s saved state) and will play the analog or digital machine but the display will reflect the midi

1 Like

Check in the page menu if there is a Change Pattern Length for this one.

Change Pattern Length is Off :frowning:

Ok. The project is the Demo one, isn’t it?

yep - Bank B, pattern 16

BUG : Freeze

How to reproduce:

-Select a sound bank and delete.
This will cause a Freeze, if i restart directly it remains blocked on the logo
if i restart directly with FUNC + Switch on i also remain blocked on the logo

Wait ± 1 minute and start and it’s ok

Overbridge / HW tags don’t match up.

Which tags are you talking about exactly? The ones associated to Sounds?

Yeah. In OB there is a tag called Deep. Doesn’t exist on the HW. And after tagging a couple of bass sounds in OB they are tagged as Rimshots in the HW.

1 Like

Do you have the very last version of OB (2.1.1.2)? I guess so, but just wanted to be sure.

Good catch, Indeed I don’t! I installed the latest OB when I bought the ST and didn’t update it since for a week. Will report back if my issues with tags and assigning modulation wheel/pitch bend in OB is fixed.

1 Like

I double-checked with the latest OB 2.1.1.2 and the same issues are there:

-Tags for sounds are different on OB / HW. “RIMSHOT” exists on the hardware, and not in OB. In OB “DEEP” exists and not in the hardware.

-OB & Modulation wheel / pitchbend / pressure does not work. If I set the MW to control the filter on the HW it works. If I use the same sound in OB the MW does nothing.

Don’t worry that was my first move!
No errors but still happened again afterwards.
Cheers though…

This seems to happen when you’ve got more pixels being rendered on a line than other lines.

If you move the sustain up, you’ll probably see the dark line track upwards. This also happens with the DT screen when dimmed.

You can see this often on the scroll bar when looking through the sample menu I think.

MIDI controller numbers for the SYN page are wrong in the manual.

It’s actually :
A:17
B:20
C:22
D:missing
E:18
F:19
G:21
H:23

Edit : SD vintage has also C missing.
In CP Vintage E and F are inverted (from the table above).
Edit again : it’s a mess. . It varies from machine to machine. The manual says one cc per knob but it’s not. The table above applies for the first 6 machines (‘drum’ voices).

3 Likes

This needs summoning @eangman :tongue:

1 Like

Hmm thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will forward this info to our developers and dig deeper. Thanks again!

6 Likes

On my unit (out of the box anyway) the filter on the analog tracks doesn’t seem to quiiiite track the keyboard with Filter Keytrack set to 100, always seems to be slightly under. Might be a calibration thing, so I’ll try running calibration after a few hours of it sitting idle.

Don’t know if this is a “bug” but it’s definitely a feature that I’d like!

EDIT: Just run calibration again and confirmed, analog filter won’t track “v/oct” like the digital one does. I’ll log a support ticket.

2 Likes

I made a few pattern variations last night then unplugged the machine and turned it back on this morning, only to find all of the tracks had defaulted back to the default sounds. The sequence data was still there though. I was able to revert to a saved version of my project.