Swedish newspaper article on Elektron

Might interest some people as it has a breakdown of how the company’s changed, especially recently. Google translate will give you the gist.

1 Like

Sounds like Elektron was on the ground from an economical point of view… i could be also wrong

Thanks! Heady stuff: doubling turnover from 2013 to 2014, and planning for a continuation of rapid growth.

economical = cheap or low budget

I didn’t get that from the article at all, but maybe google translate into English changed the meaning. All it says is they started booming 2013-14.
Before that they might have been ticking over very nicely already.

DUThe thing with thisarticle is that they will release new gear next year. Probably its already in the making. Wonder what it could be?

This was also interesting:
“Under nästa år ska ytterligare produkter släppas på marknaden.”
Which should translate to some thing like:
“During the next year there will be more products(s!) released on the market.”

One of them could be OB for AR?. But the statement is in plural :wink:

I’m Swedish so I did not use google translate :slight_smile:

Good read, glad (and not surprised) to hear they’re on a roll.

Seems like going analogue was a big success, and OB might accelerate things further.

Wonder what new boxes they will release now that OB tech is being finalized.

Maybe there would be a market for pure “plugin” analogues, with no physical interface? A black box with power input and USB port, priced more competetively? They could base it on the A4 and reach a whole new segment “for free”.

Maybe there’s a market for something like that, but I could not be less interested…

Maybe some eurorack modules?

New products… Interesting! How about a proper MIDI sequencer? Could use one, still searching for “the one” to finally tick all the right boxes for me…

What I got from this interview was that Elektron’s staff are musicians with a myriad talentset and they’re never totally content with their accomplishments. That sounds very humane to me and makes me wish people would give em a bit more slack…

Managed to avoid Google translate - At least something good about being a Finn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

economical = cheap or low budget[/quote]
Yup, also not sure whether ‘on the ground’ is good or bad…? Maybe I need Google translate for this comment.[/quote]
Thank you for clearing me up.
Indeed i changed the meaning … sorry
Since i’m not a business-expert and not being able to speak swedish i used a translation tool

Another good thing is they went from 16 employees (2013) to 27 (2014) and now they are 35! And we all know that swedes like to work! Finish Overbridge and keep them boxes coming! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m far from a disgruntled Elektron customer but you can’t help feel that if the OT was the turning point, they’d have shown it a bit more love!

Do you really think there is much space for new implementations … the OT is allready stuffed with features

I’m very happy with the OT & don’t want to derail this thread but, there’s a lot of unfinished business, all documented on this forum.
Pick up machines not syncing to clock makes them next to useless for me! (no overdub)
Post FX mutes is another!
Granular synthesis & crossfader curves are surely doable!
MIDI Seq Scenes is another.
Updated Audio Sequencer with A4/AR features like Pattern Modes & Trig mutes would be wicked!
As I say, I’m not unhappy, just a little bemused by the lack of attention this machine has recieved when you consider it was the turning point for the company financially!

well, that, and being the coolest dudes on the whole planet !
education standards to dream about
and. you. gave. us …

K a u r i s m ä k i

Oh no, not another “guess what new product” thread.
Maybe Elektron anounce a new products coming soon, then wait and read all our guesses, and pick the most popular to make ? (lol)
You’d have to put money on modular dont you think ?
Euro’s “so hot right now”.

I’m glad to hear they have hired more people, now maybe all the machines can get whatever attention they need (bug fixes and new machines for the AR would be nice).

As for new products, I’m hoping for a hardware sequencer with a nice screen for visual feedback and more than 64 steps per pattern. Maybe with digital FX even. It would be nice to have an all in one arranger and recorder type system (Octatrack v2?) but just a complex midi sequencer be awesome.