SW DEALS : Software on Sale

weird. maybe ya had to be an existing customer or something. i bought the synth drums bundle years ago when they did a no brainer $5 deal so i guess i’m on their email list. that’s how i found out about the deal… email. shrug.

in the email it says to refresh the page after you log in.

Yeah same. I already had an account but maybe you had to have spent a certain amount in the past to get this?

weird. i spent $5 there in the past.

D16 Have started there 40% off summer sale

I discovered I have two accounts there as only the older one I’d spent a lot less on got the email and the discount.

Last days to get the 128 “Digitone Curses” at a reduced price. Link: DIGITONE CURSES (Spells for the Digitone)

6 Likes

FYI here’s the email response I got from Wave Alchemy:

“Thanks for getting in touch.

The Complete Drums deal is unique and based on the number of products a customer owns that are already included in Complete Drums. For example, if a customer owned both Synth Drums and Drum Tools 02 (both of which are included Complete Drums already), they would be able to upgrade to the full bundle for £49.GBP.

I am guessing you own none of the products included in the Complete Drums bundle, and this is why you are not seeing a price reduction?

I hope this helps!”

1 Like

yeah… i own Synth Drums which i got for $5 years ago in a no brainer deal.

1 Like

“From its introduction in 2004 until 2023 Synful Orchestra was a copy protected commercial product. It has been used by many concert composers, jazz and rock musicians, film and television composers, electronic musicians, and amateur music creators. Now we want to make it available to everyone without the need for licensing or activation. We hope that it will bring joy and discovery to many.”

4 Likes

New Baby Audio plugin. Multi effect, made me think of Infiltrator 2 a bit.

$59 intro price.

3 Likes

Wow, despite its age, its articulations sound pretty good

1 Like

this is interesting, at first it gave me turnado vibes but I can see the usefulness … unfortunately and it could just be an initial impression that could change but the fx don’t sound as good as the functionality of the plug which looks like it’s off the charts…

4 Likes

Mixed feelings on the Baby Audio plug. I imagine it’s decent since all their stuff is fun at a minimum, and definitley follows their philosophy of making simple tools rather than getting bogged down in complexity. Looks like they’re going after the folks who like Sugarbytes, but want a more modern interface, (but who also think Infiltrator is a bit much.) Could be nice on a mega deal eventually, but if you already have Sugarbytes/Shaperbox I’m not sure it’s an instabuy.

1 Like

is it just the sounds Andrew is using or what, how’s the sound quality to you?

The verbs sound decent (as you expect from BA what with spaced out/crystalline). The rest I’d need to hear on more tracks, so I’ll have a crank through the demo reviews soon. The AH demo has a lot of stuff in isolation which is cool; but it would be nice to have them in a mix to see how it sits alongside other elements.

The main thing with these plugs is the individual effects are rarely top notch. It’s the combinations and ease of use that give them an edge. I’m in the camp that likes Sugarbytes & while the plugs are ace some of the effects aren’t the best. In Effectrix the distortion is pretty bad unless you switch it to bitcrush mode and bring the mix way down. Aside from the looping stuff I tend to find it better to dial back the intensity of the effects in general.

Interface wise BA are right Up there though and this is no exception. Probably deserving of their own thread at this point!

agreed… and yeah better to drop this in that mangling thread

Unless I am missing something I can do this type of thing in bitwig 5 project macros now and map to any plugin I want.

10 Likes

yeah pretty much, you can do it in Live too fairly easily, and you can use your own favorite plugins to fulfill any role.

and for some reason the slogan “turn knob, change life” just seems childish to me, but that’s just me cringing at lame marketing stuff

1 Like

But can you do all of the time based stuff with ableton and bigwig racks, as well as the negative values?

sure

or with a Macro Knob, you can make many of these as presets and use vsts and whatnot… maybe the Audio Transit is somewhat more convenient to some but definitely not “turn knob change life” type of thing…

14 Likes