SW DEALS : Software on Sale

First of all you assume im offended. Im not. I offered an alternative view which I stand by. SFM created codes that they can afford to offer, or they wouldn’t.

Emphasized overlooked word for clarification

I assume when SFM give these codes, they know some of them will be shared, otherwise they could link the code to an account to make sure only this person could use it.

1 Like
  1. Cope

2. They could, but like all consumer ideas for “simple” code implications, it’s easier said than done and could possibly require, what they deem to be,superfluous financial investment

1 Like

“Will work for drum samples”.

I think it’s nice to pay the full price sometimes to support good work. For example, buying software new from the developer vs buying a second-hand license. But I also agree that these companies know the coupons will spread (they aren’t idiots) and it’s a way to generate interest and get a rush of income now and then.

I’m an idiot and I buy too much stuff so I’ll skip this (I have their essentials pack and I barely use that) but I’m sure this is a hoarders dream.

Yep. Two things can be true.

Also, a great many people may agree that selfless generocity could also be seen as good work—which was the core point I was suggesting. In that way, encouraging and expressing gratitude for it, could also be considered “supporting good work”.

So, yes, I agree in very often do pay full price to support devs/brands I’m inspired by. I also agree and very often share, give and donate to ensure others can experience good work that they may not otherwise due to whatever reason; hard times, inflation or just to be a nice human.

Most things in life aren’t black and white which is why alternative views, discussion and sharing is so important to community.

Not sure if this is the right topic but it is software for your hardware :grin:

from Waldorf:

If you are a Blofeld desktop owner or want to become one, here is your special secret service offer! With code 007 you can save 70% on Blofeld License SL** until August 20

Edit:

How it works

1. Go to the Waldorf shop and put License SL in your cart
  2. Use the coupon code 007 at the checkout. Y‍ou pay only ‍€ 29,90 €
  3. Install License SL on your Blofeld Desktop
3 Likes

Dang thats a good price

Very tempted to pick this up just because I’ve had my eye on the Blofeld for a while and would want this add-on if/when I pick one up. Does anyone remember them having a similar sale in the past?

Madrona Labs have a summer sale on…They sent an email out yesterday with the news… Their instruments are top tier…

3 Likes

I have not seen that before. I had a Sledge some while ago and paid that 100 $$$$ at that time iirc

It’s almost yearly. I think it was about 20 last time that I missed it.

1 Like

What’s the offer? I was very interested in Aalto, but was put off by a few issues reported in their forums (M1 compatibility, et al).

1 Like

Looks like 30% off (seen only at checkout)

3 Likes

Looks like Madrona are now supporting Windows as well, which seems like a new development from the last time I checked them out (but maybe I just glossed over it before since I live in the Apple bubble).

EDIT: Whoops, guess it was the latter, Madrona have had products on Windows for years.

2 Likes

:smile: I’ve been using Aalto on windows since 2018…

1 Like

Yep - 30% off at the checkout… I have Kaivo and it works perfectly with my 2001 M1 Macbook… I will defo get Aalto as Ive been putting off getting it for about 2 years. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet. Been waiting for Sumu to get released to pick it up alongside Aaltoverb for the bundle discount. No need to hang back now.

Are you a time traveller or…?

4 Likes

I get these people replying, but I’m with you @KingMidas. Businesses account for codes as you mentioned, and personally that little incentive was the “one last thing” to get me over the line.

I’m sure it’s like that for a lot of people, so keep the codes coming! I wouldn’t have spent anything otherwise in this particular case, but instead I did so immediately.

1 Like

Atlas 2 is on sale for 50% off. Been waiting for this one all year, finally get to buy the plugin lol!

https://algonaut.audio/atlas-purchase/

Now I’m just hoping sononym is not far behind…

5 Likes