Superbooth 21

I’m guessing they maybe didn’t want it to get lost in the noise of Superbooth and all the other product announcements. I’m also not sure the audience for Superbooth is exactly what AKAI has in mind for this product, so maybe another reason not to lump it in with the rest.

2 Likes

Yeah, Akai are sort of like Elektron in that they seem to release stuff on their schedule, not necessarily linked to the schedule of trade shows. Plus, with all the uncertainty in manufacturing right now, maybe they weren’t quite ready, but a leak forced their hand. It definitely seemed like a rushed roll out.

I don’t think a revamped midi controller from Akai would have made much of a splash among the creative endeavors announced at Superbooth.

At least Moog gave us a circus tent with their re-re-packaging.

2 Likes

Sonic TALK today, with Yoad and Gaz, is all on Superbooth, of course. ( The links below are all to this thread. )

Leading off discussion is the Eurorack Motorised Fader controls. I didn’t know about the programmable detents with that.

Yoad loves ( and Gaz seconds ) the EaganMatrix for Eurorack. They discuss Osmose and Continuum too.

Gaz picked the PWM Malevolent.

I’ll add the Sonic TALK YouTube link when that is made.

Guide to Video :

Sonic TALK Post Superbooth Discussion Video

08:22 Eurorack Faders
19:50 Eagan Matrix Eurorack, followed by Osmose
32:28 PWM Malevolent
40:05 Dreadbox Nymphes
51:48 TipTop & Buchla Eurorack
59:10 Doepfer Frequency Shifter
1:02:48 UDO Super 6 VESA mounts
1:03:34 u-he Wiretap
1:06:03 AudioWerkStatt
1:07:00 Retrokits RK-008
1:09:00 Rode Wireless mics

2 Likes

Put it on their marketing department, every YouTuber you expected to cover this products released their review in the same timeframe. It was planned.

1 Like

Doepfer Freq Shifter [starts at right spot] sounds nuts.

5 Likes

La Voix Du Luthier Resonators

I knew about them being at Superbooth, but kept it in the cheap seats. Mistake !

The idea of physical resonators for electronic instruments has a base in the Ondes Martenot. This Sonicstate video is quite enchanting. Mostly showing the resonators driven by various Haken Audio products here. A physical modelling synth into a physical model, has a logic.

There are two basic forms these are made developed over a long time of experimentation by La Voix Du Luthier.

I wish there was a better way to experience this than the speakers in my room. It would be interesting to listen to these with other synths too, ideas probably come to mind for you.

Warning: Gaz Attack

2 Likes

I did put my name on the waiting list. Should be available in mid-November.

2 Likes

Ooooh, thats a cool module.

1 Like

It’s expensive, though. 2.2K

3 Likes

I think Studio Electronics has always charged that price for this type of synth

2 Likes

After complaining about the length of the first GeoSynth video that I watched, I went on to watch two more. :crazy_face: :rofl:

A lot of Take 5 playing but he also comments on other gear featured in SB 21

1 Like

yeah tbh I was never too enamored with GeoSynths but I have enjoyed and found his take 5 videos useful, and now I’m going to go back and watch his other videos with a better appreciation…

Now ya tell me you weren’t too enamored!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He seems entertaining enough. But I’m not going to do too many more 2 hr long YT vids.

no I meant with much older stuff, I wasn’t into his Nord stuff, but through his take 5 clips I’ve gained a new found appreciation for the way he conveys his outlook,

1 Like

So i posted about the ADS-7 mk2 drum synth earlier. I didn’t know AVP was showing two other products.

Both are interesting enough that they’re worth checking out.

The first is another multicontrol analog drum machine, like the ADS-7 mk2 but smaller.

Ritmobox from AVP. It sounds crazy.

Details of the Ritmobox:

This comes from their website.

RITMOBOX - is a compact, analog drum synthesizer inspired by the drum machines/synthesizers of the 70s-80s with a built-in 8-step sequencer and MIDI.

It has 37 controls, 3 switches and 14 buttons with which you can have a wide control over the sound parameters, sequencer and MIDI. It has individual audio outputs for each of the five sounds and a mix output.

Each unit is carefully hand assembled in Moscow/Russia using discrete through-hole components and OTA chips.

Main features:

• Fully analog, discrete components;
  • 5 individual sound channels: CH, OH, 3 separate Generators (G1, G2, G3) each with its own oscillator, individual pulse (“kick”), noise, LFO and other modulations;
  • 37 knobs/controls for different sound shaping options;
  • 8-step analog sequencer with ability to program 16 steps;
  • Up to 16 steps preset loading/saving slots;
  • TAP and Mute/Unmute functions;
  • MIDI In/MIDI Out;
  • 3.5 mm individual outs;
  • 6.3 mm mix output;
  • 6.3 mm headphones output;
  • Steel casing;
  • Dimensions: L250xW220xH100 mm;
  • Weight: 1,8 kg (without power supply);
  • 12 VAC 220v/110v power supply (included)

Manual available at their website.

There is a thread for Ritmobox.

The other called Quadwave is a combination analog digital effects box, with analog phaser and configurable dual stereo delays. Again this has tweak as you fly controls, and old-school Russian style construction. Less on this as it’s only available soon, but worth watching. It’s not on the AVP website yet.

Article auf Deutsch from amazona.de :

Prices are pretty nice on all the AVP products.

3 Likes

Superbooth 22

So next year’s show is already being planned, and there is a big addition, SooperGrail which is the week before Superbooth and given this description :

In the focus are the non industry manufactured acoustic and electronically amplified string instruments, their builders, their user and the resulting (music-)culture.

SooperGrail – 6 - 8 May, 2022
Superbooth – 12 - 14 May, 2022

3 Likes

Ritmo sounds like one of my fav iOS drum machines Elastic Drums

1 Like

It’s too early to start the Superbooth 22 thread, so this will do. Tickets have gone on sale for both Superbooth 22 and the guitar show SOOPERgrail 22.

Superbooth – 12 - 14 May, 2022

SOOPERgrail – 6 - 8 May, 2022

Or use this link to order.

Due to the pandemic, ticket sales at the present time are limited.

3 Likes