Superbooth 21

Bbc Radio6 did some 3d/ spatial sound stuff recently ( Jon Hopkins track and a few others I think ) , and I liked the kraftwerk 3d headphone mixes that were done. … I’d go with a vst though as I’m avoiding eurorack .

Someone already posted this is the UDO Super 6 thread, but I thought I’d whet your appetite:

Taken from here:

Today’s the day. Superbooth begins!

13 Likes

Wow, looks stunning. How did this leak?

No idea. The site didn’t really say. It does look cool tho agreed. Here’s the thread for discussion:

Edit: White Super 6 Desktop now officially confirmed! Link to UDO’s insta in the above thread.

Idk if I can trust how Waldorf does Multi-timbral, it was always buggy with the MWXT.
Maybe it’s way better now. 🤷

PWM Malevolent semi-modular monosynth:

12 Likes

From Brsitol! It’s not for me, but depending on price could be a good alterative to a Grandmother as a patchable gateway to Eurorack

1 Like

new Hydrasynth explorer with poly after touch keyboard. Battery powered

2 Likes

OM-fecking-G, this is the star of the show for me! I adore the Super 6 sound but lack the space and would like to save a little.

3 Likes

Tiptop Audio have partnered with Buchla to produce 200 series modules in Euro format!!

Edit: mentioned in another comment that est price range for the 258 is $160-200!!!

30 Likes

finally, and hopefully affordable

2 Likes

Oh wow.

Those prices are nuts. Eat it Beh.

8 Likes

Tiptop Website has an estimated price range of $160-200 for the 258 which seems seriously fucking cheap. I hope they can pump em out in volume.

7 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

There’s been much discussion of this over here, and the Hydrasynth Deluxe:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/hydrasynth-from-asm-ashun-sound-machines/103511/2167

2 Likes

Huge announcement! I went head and created a thread for it and the modules to come.

12 Likes

MOD FM from JOMOX

A 4 operator 8 voice FM synth in a larger Eurorack format. This is at a prototype stage so it is some ways off.

More here:

13 Likes

Wiretap from U-he

New Eurorack hardware from U-he, they also make CVilization in Eurorack.

ADDED: The rest written here and the Gearnews article are wrong. Wiretap instead uses two CV inputs, not audio, and creates gate signals from that. What i describe below would be nice as well, but isn’t what this module does. See my second post below, for a video that explains things better.

Wiretap is a very small module that responds to changes in melody and pitch of two separate inputs. It will generate gates or envelopes on various conditions like rising pitch, falling pitch, steps or movement.

It has many CV inputs to control its function, so i could see setting up conditional response, based on what happened already. Here is a diagram of its front panel.

U-he has been working on this for a while, so this likely will be a well developed module. I think it will depend some on the audio you feed it but definitely could be a useful, and unusual module for generative music making.

Here’s an article in Gearnews:

5 Likes

Feels like they nailed the look and the sound!
To my ears sounds 100% like 200 / 200e / Easel

Maybe they will also add banana versions + ability to switch it to Buchla voltages ? : )))

Doubtful. Its all a marketing scheme to sell more stackables: razor-blade strategy.

3 Likes