Superbooth 21

confusing… these look like banana jacks. but in the video, they appear to have stackcables plugged into them… :thinking:

3 Likes

I like that they went with Buchla & TipTop instead of the /. The “and” sounds more collaborative

2 Likes

Yup, looks completely like bananas… maybe they will come out with some diy solution to take it to the Buchla world.

I’m sure will be possible to convert to bananas, but with voltage differences, not so sure - probably no of course.

better than Buchla Vs TipTop which seems to be a trend these days

2 Likes

well and isn’t there a discrepancy between 1/8" jacks and TiniJax for Buchla too? so even the jacks may need replacing to interface with a Buchla…

An EaganMatrix Module for Eurorack from Haken :

Yup that’s right !

Features :
  • Advanced polyphonic synth engine with multidimensional expressive control
  • Polyphony: Nominal 1, Maximum 8 – Direct CV note control is limited to 1 voice at a time, but higher polyphony avoids voice stealing when EaganMatrix presets have long decays, and higher polyphony is often useful for MIDI input.
  • Control via integrated CV I/O, MIDI, external CV (with Haken Control Voltage Converter)
  • 4 Per-note CV Inputs: W, X, Y, Z
    • Gate (W) — Triggers at 1V, with max range -10V to +10V
    • Pitch (X) — 1V per octave, with programmable offset for Middle C
    • Timbre (Y) — Function depends on EaganMatrix preset; voltage ranges 0…5V, -5…+5V, or 0…10V, with programmable offset
    • Loudness (Z) — 0…5V, -5…+5V, or 0…10V, with programmable offset
  • Robust implementation of MPE and MPE+ MIDI
  • Cross-platform (Mac and PC) Haken Editor may be connected to create and customize presets
  • 4 Global CV Inputs: i, ii, iii, iv
    • Functionality depends on EaganMatrix preset; these CV affect all voices (notes from WXYZ and Midi); each global CV has selectable voltage range 0…5V, -5…+5V, or 0…10V, and programmable offset
  • 2 Analog Audio Inputs: Left and Right, or Mono
  • 2 Analog Audio Outputs: Left and Right, or Mono Sum
    -12dB switch selects between Eurorack Level and Line Level
  • MIDI over USB – Allows bidirectional MPE and MPE+ connection to other devices; allows connection to the Haken Editor for editing and archiving EaganMatrix presets (USB-A cable included with purchase)
  • Universal 3.5mm Midi In (Type A, Type B, and TS) – Allows connection to other MIDI devices without need of computer or USB (adapter to 5-pin DIN Midi In included with purchase)
  • Type B 3.5mm Midi Out – Allows connection to other MIDI devices without need of computer or USB (adapter to 5-pin DIN Midi Out included with purchase)
  • i2c Port for Communication to optional Control Voltage Converter – (a switch selects between 3.5mm Midi Out and i2c functionality)
  • 12 Switches, 1 Rotary, and LED Matrix – A menu system allows stand-alone operation without need of computer, and provides monitoring for notes being played and CV input levels

I created a thread.

8 Likes

these are the same little washer things tiptop have used on their MK2 versions of their modules for a few years now. it’s just a thing that snaps on over the 1/8 jack. the other white face tiptop modules have them in that unappealing yellow and green color scheme.

4 Likes

Or Buchla x Tip Top

4 Likes

right. it threw me for a minute. I had totally forgotten they’d done that.

The Udo Super 6 Desktop is Vesa and rack compatible, plus it has retractable feet. :smiley:

FEET EARS and ARMS I tell you!

21 Likes
9 Likes

I don’t know if they’re at Superbooth, but Enjoy Electronics released The Godfather, a “creative multichannel audio Processor”.

The GODFATHER is the first creative multichannel audio processor with a dual Soul

In addition to the main mixing functions like:

COMPRESSOR, SIDECHAIN, LIMITER, SHAPE EQ, PAN, STEREO WIDTH, GAIN STAGING

It provides a complete section of INDEPENDENT EFFECTS for each of the 4 INPUT CHANNELS conceived to stimulate creativity

Function:

4 DELAYs, 4 INFINITE/LOOPER FEEDBACK, 4 STEREO OFFSET, 4DPD, 12 HP/LP FILTERS, 4 SATURATORs, CUSTOMIZABLE REVERB w/HP FILTER , 2 ASSIGNABLE LFO’S, 4 INDEPENDENT TRIGGER BUTTON AND 3 TRIGGERING MODES, 4 CV IN, 2CV OUT, MIDI IN/OUT, GATE IN/OUT, 4 CHANNELS AUDIO IN, 4 CHANNELS AUDIO OUT, OLED DISPLAY)

Desktop Stand alone, skiff friendly in eurorack format (60hp).

SOURCE

36 Likes

They packed a whole lot into 60hp. Very cool.

They are. It says so at the end of The Godfather promo video. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Is there a price on this thing anywhere? I didn’t spot it but I am not well-versed in the mysteries of the web…

I haven’t found either.

Easily the most exciting piece of gear thus far.

3 Likes

wowsers

I loathe Mafia imagery, though

4 Likes

Stimming thing

2 Likes