Superbooth 21

Does this link work?

9 Likes

Yes, still … some people will buy it. I am probably not one of them either, for that kind of cash I have other priorities in life :wink:

I still can hear strange distortions and “artifacts” (when played hard ). AFAIK Haken is free of things like that and has very nice and dynamic synth part. Wondering if it’s just youtube compression, or it’s something wrong with the synth.

What do you think on Osmose VS Continuum
???

2 Likes

I almost pulled the trigger on one, but decided to go for a different kind of synth duster.

24 Likes

Yeah , it sounds kinda harsh sometime. I guess its a matter of adjusting the patch ?

1 Like

I know Cenk loves the Hydrasynth, he even started a thread on it:

Notice the date of the post, that was two months before you could buy them. I guess he must have a friend with connections. :wink:

The Explorer now fits in with other gear, and you can get your hand across multiple controls on it at the same time as Daniel Fisher showed in his video.

3 Likes

Did you notice there are speakers in the room? What you’re hearing is probably the audio of the speakers going into Nick’s camera/phone mic. More specifically, you’re probably hearing the clipping of his camera/phone mic.

I doubt Nick has the time to plug every single synth straight into a high-end portable recorder, when he’s trying to cover as much of Superbooth as possible.

Osmose runs the same sound engine as Continuum. The demand for Osmose came from people who want to play with a keyboard instead of the Continuum’s red fabric surface

3 Likes

hopefully you’re right… I hear same artifacts in other Osmose demos on more expressive / fast attack sounds, and they’re not like distortions / clipping, but more like strange resonances… well, I’m more than sure that the crew is very professional and care of every detail so they won’t let any problems with the official release.

Not sure… I also asked on fb and many ppl agreed that there might be a problem.

Despite they have same engine as Haken, Haken is 100% free of that, sounds very smooth all the time. I played and tested it so can be sure.

Let’s see…

1 Like

While Osmose runs the same EaganMatrix multi-engine as the Haken Continuum models, it is possible that the work to adapt EaganMatrix for use with the Osmose keyboard may introduce differences in sonic behavior, which may even include unintended behaviors.

I’m sure they are trying to program these sounds to respond appropriately to velocity curves, pressure curves, etc. that suit the widest range of customers. But guys who like to pound the keys will definitely have a different experience compared to players who have highly refined touch control, especially in the very quietest ranges.

The ease of which the Osmose can be fined tuned to individual playing styles will be critical.

1 Like
9 Likes

Out of all the stuff I’ve seen so far I’m liking this Malevolent, I think it sounds great, nice bite to the oscillators and filter and plenty of patching opportunities

10 Likes

Yeah, I am also pretty excited about this one. I like that they went with a Sallen-Key Filter on it. The original MS-20 filter was based on a Sallen-Key design. Also, the filter on the Verbos Amp & Tone Controller module is a Sallen-Key.

2 Likes

He avoided the most important part : the price. I’m guessing 1000 USD.

This could be the best surprise for me. I imagine this with my PERfourMER.

4 Likes

More, the Enjoy Reminder is $900, and The Godfather is much more complicated.

I think the reason we haven’t heard a price, is that Enjoy doesn’t know yet themselves. They just are lining up manufacture, and it’s been a crazy year for that.

4 Likes

Yeah, he avoided saying. I think (hope) your guess is probably right.

Your Vermona would be perfect, but even picking four voices to process from a DRM-1 would yield terrific results.

1 Like

Ive got a Perfourmer on the way.

2 Likes

without having played either:
continuum is clearly the superior playing interface.
unless you are already heavily invested in keyboards.
there’s also the very high price of the continuum to be fair.

You’re right. I thought it was 999 CAN$ (it’s actually 1169 CAN$) and the exchange is lower than I thought. So maybe 1500 USD.

1 Like

When did you order it?