Superbooth 2022

For all you black faceplate folk, Buchla/Tiptop will come in black at some point.

Interesting interview. He sounds a bit foggy from lack of sleep like he says, but nonetheless a really nice little chat.

3 Likes

Fuck me sideways, Dave

Now I want one too

1 Like

uhh this looks great for some home recording natural beats!

1 Like

I was very disappointed in Buchlas offering this year. Not even sure why they bothered. And im still waiting on the Buchla Easel announcement which is months past its eta.

1 Like

I had a friend(Paul Schilling) who attended Superbooth this year and he mentioned this to me being a Kraftwerk fan like me. Cool stuff.

1 Like

It looks like digital - he can switch so many filter types -also moog ladder , comb filter is in the making - the thing is he seems very acribic with his development process - the moog ladder sounds really convincing. Its not a groovebox per se, but can play samples on a seperate “lane” He build a euro rack module, which was very special, as it was wavetable with 12 voices module , the MD900 is build ontop of that module, and has been expanded. The analog ish part, is maybe that he can interpolate between square, triangele, sine , what is the omnisphere default. (And that can sound very good, and is very flexible on its own.) I really like what i am seeing here - its just a bit more expensive than a iridium.

1 Like

I’m quite please superbooth is over … that short Roland advert with everyone having insane fun and prodding buttons with vocoder bouncing woman was really annoying me.

6 Likes

Thanks. Yes its Virtual Analogue(the poster behind his head gave it away :slight_smile:

But its got a better layout i think.

I debated the issue, but you’ll notice, i queued all the Sonic State videos i linked on the forum, past that.

4 Likes

Have a look on this one- that was 2008 ! 4 parts aswell - and i saw it at musikmesse back then, i really was impressed with it. It also has wavetables. And it had its own sequencer build in - i wished the Mayer would have done the same, and included a sequencer. Price range was about the same (3k for the Arturia.)

3 Likes

What. Thats amazing 14 years ago🙄

1 Like

I wanted one o them so bad. no way I could afford it at the time, mind :upside_down_face:

I fixed this for you

1 Like

Had no idea this thing even existed. I wonder how it holds up…

indeed, but i am not sure about the test of time, but that access virus aged well, and i would not say a voyager is old now, its timeless.

i think it even had parameter lock in its sequencer.

A redo by Arturia, has always been of interest to me. Maybe someday.

1 Like

I see one locally on reverb for local pickup only, $2950. Been up for 2 years though…

it has also macro controls, and a joystick to control the mixer, to blend different parts, actually a cool idea, i layerd several vst in abelton, and then used the rack selector to select different patches, similar function but in hardware, its quiete spectacular. The manual is not so well structured, but reveals that parameter locks are possible, also slide and accent. The last fw update is from 2011. It also had 4 stereo out, and spdif, it sucks when we see how generous the past was, and now we get roland toy synth, instead of innovation.

1 Like

The Silhouette optical synthesizer has been under development by Pit Przygodda for years and i have followed it for a while too.

I first posted about it from Superbooth 2019 :

And then again from Superbooth 2021 :

And he’s back again at Superbooth 2022 :

Improvements with every show, and it is now closer and closer to the dream.

5 Likes