Superbooth 2022

seems similar sound to doing audio rate sample and hold which has that type of sound though is similar to bit reduction type sound. if you have a sample and hold module… clock it at audio rates and you can get all kinds of weird shit. this is basically what’s in the Moffenzeef “intensifies” pedal. though it has some other stuff in it as well.

this module is an interesting take on what it does. having a filter in there and the patch points is cool.

2 Likes

Haven’t got a chance to watch the video but looks like ALM has a few new modules brewing up.

2 Likes

ASQ-1 looks like fun. A 101 style sequencer with two pairs of CV/gate out, quantiser and four trigger outs. No mention of the Mega-Tang but it appears to be a four channel mixer with mutes and send/return.

1 Like

Me: “Damn those Akemie’s Taiko bleeps are right up Cuckoo’s street”.

Cuckoo:

6 Likes

I think they have a more fleshed out slightly larger version of the milton from the system coupe also.

Edit* after watching the whole thing the mega tang is indeed there and being used but he never really mentions it by name.

2 Likes

Enrica and I have debated this, it would kind of lend itself to that, wouldn’t it?

At Superbooth we put it in a 4ms pod (could be much flatter though as the module construction is only 35mm deep counting the power socket in the back) and played it with our model:cycles, and it was great fun. I hope everyone saved us some surprise presets?!

We also use them a lot with our Digitone and Digitakt, using the MIDI out. Here’s one, with some extra Zekit from Fred’s Lab:

So yeah at one point we hope we can have a metal box made - but as you can imagine it adds complexity to the manufacturing. We will need a skilled metalperson to help us.

7 Likes

So it’s a bit like a DFAM (but different)
Looks like a fun project.

1 Like

this zaps was very cool to play and perform with! Reminds me a lot of the dfam, just without sequencer. but with some very cool and performable features and of course preset and kind of sound trigs to speak in elektron language. puting this through the nutone distortation next to it made me smile :smiley:

1 Like

I think this is a sick machine, sounds awesome, modern and vintage at the same time. It can also interpolate between different waves. (like omnisphere) also serum wavetable, sounds like a dream maschine

8 Likes

thanks for responding, yes yes yes a sleek table top version would be great, will follow this closely :slight_smile:

Im a but confused on this one but it looks and sounds incredible. Is it like an Iridium that can do Analogue as well?

1 Like

I think this video really sums it up why Superbooth 2022 was soo special. For me it was because of meeting and chatting with so many nice people … or just dancing with @DaveMech to Richie Hawtin. But also talking with inventor of first digital sampler with pitch shifting, Klaus Fischer. Seeing Falko at Bitwig, talking to Juergen at Jomox, discovering the Zips, dancing my shoes off to Mark Verbos techno live set, seeing modular synth ensemble and talking with Gammon for ages, but also talking with Bureaumaschine about studing music technology in Vienna and ofcourse … listening to the pioneers Dave Smith, Tom Oberheim and Marcus Ryle …

(and tons of more moments in between)

For me this was one for the books.

14 Likes

9 Likes

Wow here I was waiting for Abyss V2, but this thing looks amazing
If it has the same effects workflow as the Typhon, it’s like an instant buy for me

With those specs, I’m kind of afraid of the price.

1 Like

Could be cheaper, if the abyss remain as the “ALL DISCRETE ANALOG” ship.

Here are 3 intriguing devices I came across that I wanted to share.

Eowave Quadrantid Swarm + Metallik Resonator Speaker
Playtronica Orbita
Gamechanger Motor Synth mk2

That Metallik Resonator Speaker is really cool. And the Motor Synth is definitely worth to keep an eye on. Although it is very expensive at 3k euro.

3 Likes

Also played around with the Soma Pulsar 23 for the first time. It was an intense experience. Really love it. Only had 30 minutes or 45 or something with it and noticed the master overdrive a bit late sop it’s super crunchy. Which, after 10 minutes, just became part of the experience. Recorded two jams:

5 Likes

Does anyone know what Superbooth do with the tents after its finished ? Im having a Garden Party and Boris has asked me to send out the invites🙀

For those that went, any Osmose siting?

1 Like