Superbooth 2022

Its like a machine seen in a forensic lab :rofl:

3 Likes

Was there any news from Vermona? I saw they were on the exhibitor list but have not seen any videos (yet)

What does this do that an Iridium doesn’t? What am I missing here?

I compared it to the Meyers synth, because it also had 4 parts, and an actual sequencer, the Meyer Synth only has midi file (clip) playback. I am not sure about motion /step sequencing on the Meyer MD900. So i compared a 12 year old top machine, to a current maschine, and the old machine actually didnt look old in that regard.
Both do Virtual Analog, the old one with a Analog Devices DSP, which is a very nice chip. (Nord Synth often used the Analog Devices DSP aswell.)

Where is that Meris pedal?!?!

Big reveal tomorrow :slight_smile:

Actually this Superbooth has already cost me a fortune so I hope Meris aint got something too amazing lol

1 Like

Pretty sweet. SonicState superbooth video from XOR talk about this proto briefly.

Meant to add: interesting for ER-301 folks.

1 Like

There is a new not yet completed prototype, that is likely to become a product from a cooperation of Eowave, and Touellskouarn, done from a specification by the musician Yann Tierson.

It is called OSTILH, and has four oscillators that can be variously arranged into a paraphonic filter and a VCA, a pair of ADR envelopes and an LFO, and will later have a sequencer too. More detail, with videos in this article :

3 Likes

…what about the Berlin based korgnerds? Has Somebody Seen there?

Sounds awesome.

1 Like

Interviewed about their live modular setup:

1 Like

Music Tech Magazine Best Eurorack at Superbooth 2022

I picked this out because it’s all Eurorack, and it lists stuff not on other lists.

• Erica Synths LXR, drum synthesizer
  • Qu-Bit Electronix Aurora, spectral reverb
  • Look Mum No Computer #1222 Performance VCO
  • Bastl Instruments Pizza, waveshaping synth
  • Sebsongs Euclidean, gate sequencer
  • Xaoc Devices Koszalin, stereo frequency shifter
  • ALM/Busy Circuits ASQ-1, sequencer
  • Eventide Misha, instrument / sequencer
  • AtoVproject DHO, dual harmonic oscillator
  • Endorphin.es Andrew Huang GHOST, stereo effect processor
  • Shakmat Modular Jwlr Cast, wave warping tool
  • Befaco AC/DC, audio interface
  • SoundForce S-LD, sample-based drum
  • Knobula Kickain, drum-compressor
  • Error Instruments Imaginary Friend, digital-analogue synth

Music Tech Magazine also did a most exciting announcements from Superbooth 2022, along with links to their articles on those products.

2 Likes

Our booth neighbors TiNRS low-key-showcased a Triggerpad to Eurorack converter made by Lauri of Vaski Embedded, that takes 3-zone pads like the Roland PD-8 and extracts trigger, velocity and CV.

It’s not as spectacular looking but it works fantastically well - skip to 2:45 to see it in action.

A picture of the 2-Zone version, there’s 3-Zone one also:

4 Likes

I’m not a drummer. I was just happy to see an unknown getting some attention for his invention. And his enthusiasm.

3 Likes

I was thinking at one point of using my edrums with my eurorack. By the time I add the trigger input modules and the drum voices, it gets very expensive. Cool idea though.

you are talking about Drum Beam?

Yes.

I had initially linked a vid to what I was talking about

That looks SUPER dope. Eowave and TS are doing great things…

These new Dreadbox kits look promising too… always wanted a Hades.

1 Like

Via Sonic State. Ignore their Freudian typo.

Very cool. I like the how symmetric and asymmetric arrangements are easily made. And the polyrhythm disc are nice too.

This will be on Kickstarter in a couple months. That explains the typo ?

Apart from the challenges of an electromechanical system, what’s not to like ?

1 Like

They weren’t at Superbooth were they?
I wonder what it would cost though and how robust it is. It looks really cool and handy. :slight_smile: