Superbooth 2020

You are working for TYRELL? This is amazing!

2 Likes

For me, it’s a full modular system for 1500EUR. A comparable Eurorack setup would be >5k and would be much larger. It sort of reminds me of how flexible the Monomachine was compared to 99.9% of other synths, despite its size. Plus the hands-on appeal is high for me, also as a source of happy accidents for sample fodder.

23 modules, 119 patchpoints, looper/recorder, CV+MIDI, Eurorack+external integration/experimenting, multiple clocking, shift register-based random, circuit bending, FX, mixer, utilities, etc.

The inputs take -20 to +20 volts - that’s more than most Eurorack modules, so experimenting without fear of damaging is possible. Hopefully the overall reliability is okay, considering just how dense it is.

Quick-start guide

1 Like

Finally

It was very irresponsible to go ahead

2 Likes

What did you hear? Do you know if they are postponing or are they cancelling?

Not that i doubt this, or that it’s a bad idea that they do change plans, but the SB 20 web-site, as of right now, hasn’t changed from what it said two weeks back that they are going ahead on schedule.

There’s an official mail going out today I believe, but many manufacturers received this last night. I imagine it will be postponed, rather than cancelled entirely.

2 Likes

Also got a workfromhome notice from Monday onwards. My home desk is gonna look a bit out of the ordinary though :elan:

4 Likes

Website is mentioning now that it got cancelled: https://superbooth.com/de/

1 Like

great, then all companies can just show what they have for us in store right now right? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pretty bummed it’s being cancelled, but it’s the right call. Oh well, there’s always next year

1 Like

Yeah there needs to be something else provided to substitute for SB as a forum to introduce all the new products. I suppose all the companies could just do new product releases on their own – but i think they all benefit from the attention and excitement provided from a larger new product forum.

I suggested up thread, that the Superbooth people could reorganize this as something like what the Thomann Synth Reactor was last year – so the hundred or so companies that were going to come to Superbooth to introduce a new product, could bring their new products to the “Superbooth Virtual Fest”, and then along with 100 of the top content people (Cuckoo, Loopop, Nick Batt, Bobeats, …) the new products could be unveiled and explored.

Someone needs to step in to the breach here, we’ll see who does. Thomann would be able to pull it off too. There’s a financial side that needs to be put together to make this happen, but i think that’s doable too.

ADDED:

Sonicstate Has Offered to Help Create an Online Focal Point

Sonicstate made this offer in their announcement of the cancellation of Superbooth:

Sonicstate has always covered Superbooth and we will continue to do our best, despite the lack of a physical show this year, we are therefore suggesting an online focal point to coincide with the gap in the calendar.

The aim is to provide a showcase for the people who have worked so hard to bring us their new creations - to help them still present their works to the world.

Of course it’s not the same, nor is it intended to be - nothing can replace meeting people (and beer) for real and ‘being there’ - but right now it’s the best we can make of a crappy situation.

We aim to:

• Post Video content around the same dates
  • Shoot virtual booth visits and product presentations, interviews etc
  • Bring you Sonic-TALK format discussions surrounding the product releases

Stay tuned for more information and if you were planning showing at Superbooth, please get in touch.

8 Likes

Yes!! Elektron, you can now release the Machine drum/Monomachine mk3s… thank you

5 Likes

If you don’t show the goods now then how are you going to take my money ?

2 Likes

superbooth got cancelled due to corona…
https://superbooth.com/en/landing.html

The virus is much more dangerous compared to a flu (0,2% death rate vs 2-3%). That’s a significant number and that’s why we should prevent any potential danger. Our health system doesn’t have enough people, beds and hospitals to take care about too many people at the same time.
You should rather trust virologist and doctors than “it’s just like a flu and stupid panic”.

13 Likes

Tickets are being refunded, just set the cash aside to get tickets for next year.

2 Likes

obviously you dont understand the consequences of the outbreak of that virus, it will have nearly zero effect on you but kills weak and older ppl without hesitation, to avoid the collaps of our health system it is vital to stretch the time in which ppl will get infected… stay home and compose more music and forget about some event which will come again… if you dont believe just look at italy…

9 Likes

There’s nothing stupid about death. Let’s not be selfish and think about others who can’t defend themselves properly against new threats.

7 Likes

In my opinion your evaluation of the situation contradicts what seems to be the consensus in the scientific community. The measures taken all over the world will have such severe impact on the world‘s economy that many of us and our families will suffer. And yet most leaders, even some of the simple minded variety seem to consider the economic impact the lesser evil. I would hardly call this „stupid panic“ and still part of me hopes you‘re right.

5 Likes

Statistically, this is a really small sample size.

There hasn’t been enough time yet to fully know all about this virus. Your narrow view is the kind of dangerous thinking that got Italy into all this trouble.

5 Likes

A new thread is needed for this discussion !

And actually i think this thread Superbooth 2020 is pretty much closed – at least for the time being, or until an alternative way to proceed is found, which has been the last area of on-topic discussion here.

1 Like