Superbooth 2020

Torso T-1 is my #1 most anticipated at the moment. Given the posts they’ve made recently on their socials I expect they’ll have units shipping before SB, or at the very least a full reveal with manual and pricing/availability.

1 Like

What was the pin-matrix synth shown last year? The one in a EMS Synthi-sized box?
I recall there was another from a small-maker announced too, other than the Pulsar-23, hmmm.

1 Like

Good memory! A very exciting product too.

I think you mean the Erica Synths SYNTRX. (There’s a nice video down towards the end of this link.)

Behringer has also been working on something similar.

ADDED: Been racking my brain trying to remember another new synth like this. The Analogue Solutions Colossus !

1 Like

Thank @Jukka. Syntrx is a beauty. 2500EUR. Only 2 CVs ins, 1 Gate in.

Woah, Colossus is £25K. Knowing AS, the pots probably aren’t bolted to the panel. :sob:
The Pulsar-23 seems like a bargain at 1500EUR.

3 Likes

250 – Perhaps follow the pattern the Behringer version is 250 – but probably something more like 2.5 times that in truth.

1 Like

Sounds like they will. Get ready for Device 16.

3 Likes

Ableton Loop 2020 Berlin, which was scheduled the same week as SB, has been postponed til April 2021 due to Covid-19… SB still expected to go ahead?

1 Like

It’s not on the same scale as Superbooth, but Machina Bristonica, our local modular synth fest in Bristol that was due for next weekend, has just been cancelled. I would be quite surprised if SB goes ahead.

Mere speculation: no way is SB going ahead. The topic picks up speed here in Germany. My employer just asked a 5 figure number of people to work from home indefinitely. I might get to record that album after all.

8 Likes

liking that last part…

What kind of company has more than 10,000 employees?! Crazy!

Am I crazy for not being as excited as everyone else about the Pulsar? Plenty of innovative control but the synth voices themselves seem to sound exactly the same in every demo I’ve seen, and not very good.

1 Like

That‘s just Germany. Worldwide we‘re talking 6 figure. Not unusual for a global player.

SB isn’t going ahead either as far as I just heard either :frowning:

You are working for TYRELL? This is amazing!

2 Likes

For me, it’s a full modular system for 1500EUR. A comparable Eurorack setup would be >5k and would be much larger. It sort of reminds me of how flexible the Monomachine was compared to 99.9% of other synths, despite its size. Plus the hands-on appeal is high for me, also as a source of happy accidents for sample fodder.

23 modules, 119 patchpoints, looper/recorder, CV+MIDI, Eurorack+external integration/experimenting, multiple clocking, shift register-based random, circuit bending, FX, mixer, utilities, etc.

The inputs take -20 to +20 volts - that’s more than most Eurorack modules, so experimenting without fear of damaging is possible. Hopefully the overall reliability is okay, considering just how dense it is.

Quick-start guide

1 Like

Finally

It was very irresponsible to go ahead

2 Likes

What did you hear? Do you know if they are postponing or are they cancelling?

Not that i doubt this, or that it’s a bad idea that they do change plans, but the SB 20 web-site, as of right now, hasn’t changed from what it said two weeks back that they are going ahead on schedule.

There’s an official mail going out today I believe, but many manufacturers received this last night. I imagine it will be postponed, rather than cancelled entirely.

2 Likes

Also got a workfromhome notice from Monday onwards. My home desk is gonna look a bit out of the ordinary though :elan:

4 Likes