Superbooth 2020

I just checked the Superbooth floor plan and W110 is now shown as “tba” (not Elektron.)

Could that correlate with discussions in this thread about a Monomachine/Machinedrum successor?

This was complete speculation. Don’t get your hopes up.

From the statement:

If we have the impression that we should act in any way, we will do so. By now we can only say, the situation in Berlin is safe and we do not want to be part of any speculations.

As long as there is no official ban by the authorities, we have decided to keep on working on the finalization of this year’s Superbooth.

Relax and make music!

1 Like

Relax Make Music !

Maybe Elektron wants that all Superbooth visitors are going to the Elektron Studios :)))

To be honest quite disappointing from Elektron but maybe it has to with Overbridge from Fez Berlin to the Friedrichstraße 17…

So given that Musikmesse has now postponed their festival (31 March to 4 April in Frankfurt) due to risks with Corona Virus spreading, it seems entirely possible that Superbooth will be forced to follow.

I know that Ableton Loop, recently announce that they planned to continue, even as participants are reportedly backing out.

Seems a shame to lose the fairs and festivals, but i see no way out given the present situation. Perhaps there’s a way to do virtual shows, which is the way the vast majority do actually participate in these shows – though it seems a very weak substitute.

Perhaps we could meet with Jean Luc on the Holodeck at a Festival?

ADDED THREE DAYS LATER: The SXSW festival in Austin Texas and the London Book Fair have both been cancelled.

ADDED A WEEK LATER: Synthplex 2020 schedule for March 26 - 29th in Burbank California has been reschedules for October 29th - November 1st.

This is a great idea … :+1:

Whatever happens, I need to see more of Expressive E’s Osmose that’s for sure. I’ve not been shy to say I’ve been teetering on the edge with regards to my pre order. They’ve got 2-3 months to win me over or I’m probably going to call it and give up on it.

The conspirator in me wondered if Ableton had a product launch in mind hence the firm “we’re still going ahead guys” message but that’s just super wishful thinking.

2 Likes

Dam shame. I personally think that these events will have very light attendance. Most travel plans are likely due at this point where a lot of companies (at least in states) are banning intl travel for the time being. Assume similar practices are occurring in Europe.

That would be pretty sweet. Figure… 10 years from now we’ll have pro VR gear, VR instruments, VR environments and then we can have a stellar online battle of the bands.

I have already a 3 day Superbooth20 ticket and not going with this situation.

That sucks man! There’s not much news and/or announcements of new gear that I’ve seen as of late for these events on various forums, which is weird as we’re less than 2 months away roughly. The Corona virus has taken center stage. We live in strange and sad times these days.

I’m going unless things get much worse. Also as SB has stated themselves they will continue as long as there’s no official ban.

German minister: cancels all events with more than a thousand participants…

Quote tweet from Jens Spahn:
“Safety first. Therefore, even more major events will have to be canceled. This has major economic consequences, especially for smaller businesses, for craftsmen, restaurateurs or service providers. Therefore, we should think about targeted and swift help.”30

For my personal attention I only look at these numbers to keep things clear.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

To clarify: he has advised event organisers to cancel events with more than 1000 participants. This is not legally binding like the first sentence might imply.

1 Like

Still undecided, don’t want to get my fam into health hell if I can avoid so though…

2 Likes

To be honest, I have a feeling that decision might be taken for you, regardless what SB organizers say now.

2 Likes

It s a liability issue. Canceling an event causes a lot of costs (suppliers still need to get payed , at least partly, when canceling on short notice, ticket refund, etc). Legal situation can be different when the government imposes it. Insurances play a role too.

3 Likes

Berlin just officially canceled all meetings with more than 1000 People until the 19. April, which is just before Superbooth. So it might take some more days or weeks until we know, if superbooth will happen or not.

At least I cant see Underworld at the tempodrom on the 21. of March, which is sad.

3 Likes