Stereo Drive

Nice work void! As soon as Iā€™m earning more than rent+cabbage again Iā€™ll pick up this and strom and go to town with rytm samples!

2 Likes

Game.

Changer.

3 Likes

Nice one @void, sounds great! Anything new in the Strom update?

1 Like

yes!
thereā€™s some fixes:

• of course the pattern generator now finally works flawlessly via wifi :wink:
  • names for MIDI end points are improved, it now shows the proper MIDI ports when using studiomux/midimux

whatā€™s new:

• you can drag an audio file to the STROM button in SDS Drop - guess what that does! :smiley:
  • you can now use the CONTROL-ALL feature without touching your iPad. Activate it by pressing and holding any unused performance macro on the Rytm. Release the pad to exit Control-All. You can lock it by holding the macro, then pressing the performance button on Rytm, just like you can lock the performance pads on the Rytm itself.
  • CONTROL-ALL has another improvement: it now only does its thing if the active track on the Rytm is part of the selected tracks in STROM. Previously, it would activate no matter on which track you were on the Rytm - now you can safely select a few tracks as the CONTROL-ALL group, lock it to ON, and keep tweaking other tracks without messing up everythingā€¦ itā€™s very useful if you have a stereo pair and want to use CONTROL ALL to tweak only that!

So the SDS Drop update is approved by Apple, but Iā€™m still waiting for the STROM update to go throughā€¦ better to release both in sync, otherwise the file-drop wonā€™t work. Canā€™t be that far awayā€¦

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œvoid, post:24, topic:39319ā€]
you can now use the CONTROL-ALL feature without touching your iPad. Activate it by pressing and holding any unused performance macro on the Rytm. Release the pad to exit Control-All. You can lock it by holding the macro, then pressing the performance button on Rytm, just like you can lock the performance pads on the Rytm itself.
[/quote]:grinning:

3 Likes

Really nice work! Interface looks sweet.

5 Likes

thanks!!

hey!

:zap::zap::zap: this is available now. :zap::zap::zap:

(may take a little before itā€™s visible in the App Store. STROM update still queued, file drop to STROM will work once that update is out.)

so:

• get the IAP
  • set it to use L+R
  • drag a stereo sample to a pad. the LEFT channel will be in that pad. I recommend setting enabling SMP + SYN, this will set the synth machine to NONE and crank the sample volume after a transfer.
  • hold SHIFT, drag from the sample pad to another pad. This copies the sound, but will use the RIGHT channel in the other pad and hard pan both sounds.
  • hold ALT/OPTION, drag from the sample pad to the other pad. This copies the track. If sample-plocks are used, they will be adapted to use LEFT/RIGHT samples.
  • you can hold both SHIFT & OPTION to copy sound & track.

keep in mind:

• stereo playback will not work between tracks which share a voice, such as RS/CP, or CH/OH. because they are only one voice. but you need two voices for stereo!
  • if you use conditional trigs with probability, you will need make sure that you always drag to a direct neighbor thatā€™s higher than the left channel, e.g. BD to SD. SDS Drop then converts your TRCs in the target track to NEIGHBOUR conditions.
  • the stereo linkage will only work with files which have been transferred using the L+R setting, and which have been loaded to the project by SDS Drop. Otherwise the app will have no knowledge of the stereo relation between the two channel files.

:ear::+1:

9 Likes

That is BRILLIANT! While i already admired your superb work, that admiration has increased to a level of top-tier fanboy/low-tier man crush :smiley:

1 Like

I donā€™t have an iPad, so I canā€™t get in on this fun, but I just (SDS) Drop(ped) by to say that those are some dope tracks! Right up my alley.

2 Likes

cheers mate! I think we share a love for certain heroes from greater Manchester :grin:

1 Like

STROM 1.5.0 is now live on the App Store :raised_hands: :stars::raised_hands:

forgot to mention: it asks you for permission to send notifications. If you allow this, STROM pops you a message when you drop a file to it via SDS Drop while itā€™s in the background. Iā€™m not using the notifications permission for marketing BS or anything else.

drag a file to the STROM button:

zap!

8 Likes

So amped up to play with this after work! Maybe the fine people of Elektron will take note and implement something similar with Digitakt.

1 Like

Maybe it will use a similar/same sample system and Void can modify the layout and sell the product for DT users, or add DT support in SDS. I dunno, itā€™s his thing- he can do what he wants. But heā€™s made the AR more magical than Elektron would have, Iā€™m sure.

What I want is for Elektron to plug his stuff as a means of selling their gear <3

4 Likes

Great update on storm, thanks void.
Keep up the great work.

1 Like

really great features and incredible layout. void sir, you are mint

2 Likes

if you want to see such things for Digitakt, the best you can do is buy these things :pray: :money_with_wings: :sweat_smile:
(getting other people to buy them by telling them all about it counts double)

done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was there always an option for disabling the conversion to 48K? Itā€™s perfect for the crusty lofi beats I enjoy making!

1 Like

yep! if you send anything thatā€™s not 48k, Rytm will convert it internally anyway. I leave it off for quick 20.5k lo-fi samplesā€¦ just goes much faster.

1 Like