Status update on Digitakt OS

All in good time? Are you saying we’re getting a drum synth engine in 2028? :smiley:

Thanks. Just trying to provide constructive feedback is all. From a fresh perspective, someone not enamored with the brand (yet). I do want to love their products though. Perhaps the official forum is not the place as many have thin skins here.

4 Likes

I was only responding to this expectation. This is what Elektron has done for years; developed the OS using feedback from its user base along the way.

I obviously consider constructive criticism as good. Your criticism just seems to be that you want it developed faster, and that you want it to work the way you want it to now. The way you said it was condescending too imo.

I didn’t realize you already had an MPC. You could always sell the DT, and buy one again at a later point in its OS development. That’s what I did. I just ordered another one today, knowing the impending OS update is extremely near.

1 Like

That’s very nice of you to say. I believe so too. I know so!

20 Likes

Yessir! That’s what I’ve been doing this week (and a bit of last) so far.

14 Likes

This too! The criticism is completely valid. We are embarrassed about the latency of this OS, but we have grown a lot in 2017 in the most positive ways, especially the firmware team which now feels rock solid (has enough staff!). Great people, talents, all around that can work in tandem to really perfect our products. The Digitone is a testament of this in my opinion. Now we’re going to tie the bag together as we say in Sweden. Knyta ihop säcken! :okej:

47 Likes

I’d like to request way more graphics drawn by you for future updates :smiley:

10 Likes

This too! The criticism is completely valid. We are embarrassed about the latency of this OS

Just hearing this makes me feel a little better about the wait. Digitakt is my first Elektron product, and my impression before I bought it was that Elektron is good about updates. Good to hear the plan is to stay on that path, even if this particular update has been long in coming.

7 Likes

Hah thanks! I love making pixel graphics for the GUI. Who knew editing Megaman sprites back in the early 00’s would pay off. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

13 Likes

I’ve been playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past with my daughter for the past month or so. It’s the first time I played it in decades, and I was admiring all the things they did with the graphics. We just got the master sword last weekend. Good times.
29206EB8-F290-4C44-826C-2166EF3AE3BE

26 Likes

No, my criticism is not that at all actually - you grossly misrepresent my words, as seems to be the constant case here. I said:

1 Like

ok, sorry. Feel free to criticize however you like. Not a huge deal to me.

“I want to jump right in to composing and preparing live sets once it’s ready and not be testing it for you” kind of implied you wanted it working the way you wanted now (as opposed to the standard process of incremental updates Elektron is known for), and considering it currently doesn’t, it seemed to me that the only way this could occur was with faster development.

Minor bugs aside, the two features I’d love to see added, which seem likely, are the Chorus and and the FX sends to external audio, both available on the Digitone. Can’t wait for my Digitone to arrive.

3 Likes

what a soundtrack.
I used a couple o tracks from it in this mix when I used to dj back in the day. I used to mix computer game n film soundtracks with jungle / drill n bass.

https://soundcloud.com/pidgeo/micky-beautron-180-beautrons

1 Like

Goat
Loved it so much

2 Likes

This is so refreshing to hear :heart_eyes: and the mods should put it in Sticky somewhere and refer to it whenever a “FanBoy versus The Entitled” war breaks out. Elektron are a company of grownups (some of them may even have Beards). In fact I’ve bookmarked it and will make it my mission, so help me Gog, to link this whenever a ridiculous meta-discussion about “tone” and “attitude” rears its fugly head :japanese_goblin:

I’ve also flagged as inappropriate. @Ess how dare you suggest its okay to criticise!!

DISCLAIMER: of course regular Forum rules apply etc etc.

2 Likes

Also, Super Metroid. That game is a masterpiece.

8 Likes

The whole metroid serie is a masterpiece

6 Likes

I’d like to point out that especially the animation when you turn the knobs work really, really well. This might be the first time I’m using a device with a display where I’m not constantly looking at the numbers secretly trying to land on a multiple of 8 or at least an even number or something like that when I am turning the knobs.

3 Likes

Too much love here, where’s the fighting? :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes