Status update on Digitakt OS

As we approach the end of the busiest year in Elektron's history, we regret to inform you that, despite tremendous effort, we will not have the new Digitakt OS ready until next year. We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, and we're working hard to get it done. We will keep you posted on the development in the new year, and hope for your continued patience and understanding.
24 Likes

No worries :smiley: Have a merry Christmas and superb new year!!

And thank you for the Digitakt. Looking forward to the update next year.

:champagne: :cake: :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Loving the DT as is, enjoy the festivities!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

i don’t have it but all these communication on status are very great i would like to thank you for that ! Continu this way ! Respect :fist:

8 Likes

Brilliant update. This is all people are asking for- just a bit of knowledge so expectations can be adjusted. Keep it up.

3 Likes

6 months in and the device still doesn’t work as advertised.

Have you guys thought about a compensation for all te patient DT user? Like a free samplepack?

6 Likes

Nooooo! Thanks for letting us know though. Better to take your time and do it right rather than rushing one out the door.

2 Likes

I can swallow that but PLEASE don’t be late with OB.

I hope you have a belt to bite…

1 Like

Just kidding. Cheers Elektron.

5 Likes

Not to mention the way the price of the unit has tanked. & we spent our hard earned money for a hardware performance drum machine. What we got was a beta machine that appears to be the runt of the litter. For those of that had this on pre-order this feels like too little too late.

8 Likes

Just saying it like it is, is development enough. Thanks for the know, looking forward to the update, whenever it’s due.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Happy Holidays :slight_smile:

ooofah

was cruising along with DT for a few days, made a few cool things, then things got buggy again, i remembered I can’t backup my work, so i turned it off.

1 Like

That’s very disappointing. Can’t say I didn’t expect it though. This is what happens when you release a bunch of new machines together. Rush to release the DT and abandon it afterwards for the newer and cooler machines.

Lesson learned.

I hope I do not read a similar message for Rytm OS update lel

Seems a bit amateur hour. I’m not so easily appeased by these “status updates” as other users. Sort it out Elektron, let this be a lesson in not releasing gear prematurely.

9 Likes

I genuinely would have waited til next year to buy a digitakt had I realised I was buying (at a premium mind) a beta device. I’d still buy one when it became stable, but right now the bugginess and crashiness of it has become a bit boring. It stays off mainly.

The communication is admirable, but really doesn’t cut it. They rushed out a device which wasn’t ready, and asked loyal patrons to pay more for the privilege. Not very cool really.

All seems a bit amateur.

6 Likes

Honest status updates are definitely good. Seeing how close the next OS update is going to be, wouldn’t it make sense to inform everyone about what updates are going to be included (Song mode, new filters/effects, bug fixes, etc.) to throw those who’ve turned rabid while waiting a bone, and give buyers who haven’t quite made up their minds impetus to buy?

18 Likes