Status update on Digitakt OS

I’m afraid I missed that

@Ess - your enthusiasm and candour are to be commended, you are a great representative for Elektron and I very much appreciate your honesty and effort in interacting with users on the forum, even if I do not always agree with you and Elektron on certain things, the machines that you guys make are the best available by far.

Keep on truckin’

15 Likes

You can still do pixel art while using a higher-resolution screen… just saying.

man, i got my nephew a mini snes for xmas. there’s something i think about these games that still holds, and for young kids its the perfect time to check them out before they prefer more contemporary graphics at an older age. he loves it all so much, but its also perfect them and very PG. there’s something in Scott McCloud’s idea of abstraction in comics I think that holds for video games over the ages. Kids can actually grow through 16 bit to 64bit and then onto modern day graphics qualities as they grow, and there’s some sort of intrinsic parental control built into that as the graphic quality improves… SNES is very ‘cartoon’ and I think kids really love that

2 Likes

I totally agree. She’s really into Mindcraft/Roblox right now (which seems to be a typical stage for kids nowadays), and I like how that world really focuses on creativity rather than bigger/better/flashier. Kind of reminds me of the DT/DN in that regard.

I got the SNES mini too, but I also have Super Famicom games I like to play like Super Bomberman 5. The Nintendo games that came out during this era just have such a special feel to them. It’s nice being able to re-experience it all while sharing it with my daughter who is definitely appreciating it like I did when I was little, and still full of wonder.

One of the best games of my childhood. I miss those lovely graphics and RPG NES/SNES/SEGAB…and Super Street fighter 2 and Streets of rage…Kids these days don’t appreciate the current graphics. Sorry off-topic :wink:

2 Likes

I’m hoping that DT midi out to DT midi in will be working properly. I need more lfo modulation.

1 Like

I’m sure the update will be decent , though digitone seems to have some issues that shouldn’t get through any QA/bug round…

Something as simple as ensuring pad lights are correct must surely have beeen known before shipping.
And reports of clicks when dialling encoders / audio inputs is a little disappointing but at least it seems more fully functional that digitakt .

Perhaps adding ‘known issues’ would at least alleviate any concerns to show that the issues are being addressed , I know when I read other os update files it’s good to at least know what to expect and what things are known about

So hopefully things are rock solid and basic issues are still not present , and test plans are being thoroughly run multiple times.

Good luck everyone.

And I used to do pixel art on spectrum / c64 / Amiga games. There is a lot of rubbish being released out there under the guise of ‘retro graphics’. But there are also some very good new pixel art styles coming out .

I guess that’s using the midi out block? Is there any ensemble available or instructions? Is it simply connect lfo to midi out block and select cc value and midi channel?

Feature Request for Master :
https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/3/d/3d98643e7907eb3025367666a08beeeeb42a310f.gif

16 Likes

yes

interested in this too.

I gotta say thanks for all your work on the new OS, so glad it’s finally happening !

As for “minor features surprises”, even a “minor-feature-1-knob-compressor” on the master page will change my DT world/experience in a very good way, and I suspect I’m not alone here :wink: <3

I hope I’m wrong but, updating the OS will automatically erase all user patterns as usual ?

Thanks ! x

No, it never does that. If that has happened to you, it sounds like you were either using the presets project for your own material, or a weird fluke. Always good to save your projects from time to time, but an OS update should not remove anything.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overbridge news

savng projects :joy::man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Ahh thanks for that. Apart from extra lfos I’d also love to get some euclidean sequencing going. I’ll be trying all this out tomorrow.

Every time I see that little blue “unread posts” on this thread, I’m like, “IS IT HERE???”

2 Likes

Please give the digitakt the chance to play stereo samples. at least on one track :rose: I would happily sacrifice a track for that in certain situations :balloon:

1 Like

Nice work on the GUI! Honestly I love the resolution of the screen it feels like it matches the interface prefect and then the baked in color and the tiny smidgen of visible space between the pixels :ok_hand:. My kind of art. I would actuality really like to be able to render drawings or small animations of my own on the screen. Thanks for opening up and letting people know the update is getting near.

3 Likes