Status update on Digitakt OS

Is it too much to ask for clues about whether there will be any new features in the OS or just bug fixes and OB?? :smile:

No new major features, just fixes and tweaks.

9 Likes

I thought we may have been due a treat or two for being so patient but I’ll take what I can get.

6 Likes

Ahh, minor features it must be then!

1 Like

All in good time. :slight_smile: Thank you for your patience.

20 Likes

It says OB for sample management. Can you give any details on to what extent?

Thanks

It’s simple: so long as people continue to fall victim to GAS and pre-order stuff, companies will continue to release unfinished products.

I’d never pre-order! Nothing good comes of it. I might get the product on release day but it is really a selfish thing, like a child who is impatient for the new toy… when I know that pre-ordering encourages companies to rush things. I always wait for user reports and reviews, and the inevitable updates.

4 Likes

Now i understand …
Backing up DT is no major feature, that‘s why it‘s not possible until now …

How does it feel to see new products running out while the existing ones are not working properly?

This means waiting for reselling will have an end this month!

GREAT

1 Like

You can already do all of that without Overbridge…

Hey, thank you for sharing love @Open_Mike.
Plenty as well here :slight_smile:

Cool to learn that a new OS is coming soon !

1 Like

Any change to how Program Changes are handled?

1 Like

REALLY hoping they add Stereo pass through like on the Digitone, but not getting my hopes up for this update.

1 Like

This forum would be a mess without @Ess’s input!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Great news! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Is OB still planned for February as well? I have about 32 tracks ready to build within a DAW so eagerly waiting for OB to be able to stream seperate tracks :slight_smile:

Again thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Please, take your time and test the S$#* out of it. I want to jump right in to composing and preparing live sets once it’s ready and not be testing it for you. Or find some beta testers in the real world that have various workflows and setups if you don’t have any. I hear that’s a great way to get things ready for deployment…lol

2 Likes

From reading about all your needs in various posts, I honestly think you just need an MPC. The Elektron way is something that took me years to understand. All their instruments have matured at similar rates, and none have been fully developed upon release. Maybe, it’s because I’m older now, and have a 7 year old daughter; but I’ve come to kind of appreciate the whole process. Watching these things grow over the years, and humbly voicing my opinion at times, it feels neat to be part of it. I say just relax, and let things happen organically.

The company is going through some challenges related to rapid growth, but I believe they are a fundamentally good company. They will deliver because they have consistently delivered in the past.

7 Likes

I think what I need is overbridge.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I am thinking and I am a complete noob to Elektron gear or any music gear for that matter

1 Like

I have an MPC, in fact I have two. An MPC60 and an MPC1000. Fantastic machines, but not suited for live shows as they weigh a ton, and in the case of the 60, no way I’d take that princess on the road. Thanks though! I was between the Live and the DT, and ultimately went with the DT because it is lighter, cheaper, I don’t need a touchscreen, and the promise of Overbridge bringing tight integration with a DAW. My hope was to have a an extremely portable live setup of DT, a bass synth, a lead synth, and a macbook running Ableton/lights.

That’s fine though, if the Elektron way is the way it is. I suppose any constructive criticism of that way, how they could make their products more appealing to potential consumers doesn’t matter? I feel the DT and DN are products specifically designed to “woo” new customers to their brand - but whatever!

4 Likes

If you want to criticize, then criticize. It’s a forum after all. Don’t let anyone try to silence you. I’m sure Elektron appreciates the feedback.

2 Likes