Status update on Digitakt OS

Could also be “MK2” update. Who knows what we will see in NAMM.

Says Overbridge for Digitakt is being released in Feb 2018 - on elektron.se

3 Likes

taking it with a grain of salt, though

I’m pretty confident OB and a FW update will land in the next month or two. I think the Digitakt is absolutely brilliant already, some key updates will make it awesome! Currently going for £445 + vat in the uk, I’m thinking about picking up a second :slight_smile:

Where are you seeing it at that price?

(don’t forget the VAT bit!) All the major places are doing it at £535 to £540, if you’re VAT registered within the EU you can claim back the vat, or buy minus vat and pay it in your own country, so it’s around £450. Not sure what the deal is if you buy out of the EU.

That’s not even remotely true.

Sure advertising media is about advertising, but MEDIA incorporates all forms of communication and information. Not all forms of communication are ads.

This post has been brought to you by Red bull. Red Bull give you wings.

1 Like

If there’s a a digitakt MKII in the next 5 years I’m flying to the elektron factory and [redacted] this useless black brick [redacted] their [redacted].

Can you forum nerds have a little patience? How many audio hardware products do you guys have released to your names?

(I have three, and guess what? There were problems at launch!)

2 Likes

saw this earlier , seemed to have parallels with this thread / many other industries too.ive seen a lot of reviews of games on the apple store with quite bad/insulting comments for games that are FREE!!! …

i’m not sure there have been any death threats to elektron … hopefully not…

5 Likes

Mung bean rant…

We’re in some sort of age where people just drop the idea of treating other humans with respect as soon as they have some sort of “business” that they run, with exponentially increased ridiculousness because the communication is done facelessly on the Internet with no real physical confrontation to put the mind in a state of thinking how the other person would feel because of what they say…

We’re in some sort of “we demand because we pay” era.

By placing these demands and expectations with absolutely no leniency towards the companies it’s a self fulfilling prophesy…
It’s like, businesses aren’t people they’re money makers so we must show no leniency because they’re money makers and not people… We demand. So in turn people treat them as the businesses they disapprove of instead of actual humans, which in turn helps to create the situation again endlessly…

I feel the entire planet won’t come to peace (I know, I know, just let me eat my mung beans) until we can all unconditionally love each other without holding expectations of any kind…

Do folks really believe in the economy and marketing as the best way to live on this planet? Is this expecting and demanding what we want to devote our energy to and encourage as what we want the state of humanity to be at? The whole situation seems to move us further and further from what it means to be a compassionate human…

By feeding this machine and placing demands it only propels the situation further and further…
At some point if we want to evolve as a race I think we’re gonna have to just give up this feeding of the system, and return to our heart space…

6 Likes

Always the sage :smile:

Part two…

The only way I can even personally rationalize owning these machines is that they might enable me to express myself in ways that could potentially reach others and help bring peace…
This may seem a rediculous or egotistical goal but what else do we do with life if we feel we are inherently a musician that strives for love… I have a lot of work to do to reach this goal, but I won’t give up…
I hope and pray and live for peace, freedom, and compassion for all beings…
If I did not think I could spread a vibration or message with the machines I own I would not support the using of Earths resources to make them or be part of supporting the economy in that way…
It is my hope that the vibes I can create with my gear do more help to the world than harm it, and by accepting and using the current state of technology instead of casting it off as a non spiritual distraction, it is a method for me to bring balance, possibly only to my own perception of reality, but maybe it reaches further…

I am in no way perfect but I do have a vision of how I would like to be, and I constantly try to head that direction no matter how many times I may fall down trying…

Love to all and happy jamming!

-Openschnizzle

7 Likes

Cool, which ones??!!

1 Like

doppler labs here active listening system, sonos playbase, sonos one

2 Likes

you mean like what happened with the rytm :joy:

1 Like

I just want this dam thing to sync with OTs arranger driving me mad :tired_face:

1 Like

Any word on the street when this might arrive?

3 Likes

Very soon. Currently testing the new OS. It is looking very promising!

39 Likes

Ohhhh!

1 Like