Status update on Digitakt OS

I suspect the price will go back up once updates/OB come but it’s more than fine for what I’ve got in mind as is.

Prices have been holding pretty steady on the unit in the U.S. Mentioned it before but haven’t seen a digitakt lower than I paid retail (649$). Interesting how the market in the EU, UK, AU has fluctuated so much

Prices in the u.s. Have been pretty unaffected for the unit. Can’t grab one for as cheap as people can in Europe. Even the Juno link someone posted where they are 604.25, buying it from there to the states would be more money than buying a full price one new.

Started at 775 Euros, now 600, pretty crazy right?

Tr-09’s are discounted , it’s not unusual.i guess after any launch window then there is more freedom to discount / bundle.

1 Like

paid about the same in Canada during boxing week sales. Stock was super limited but was able to snag one at a decent price too.

edit:
regarding the OS and bugs. I’ve tried it slaved to my OT midi and everything has been working as intended.
I used the digitakt as master clock to OT+AR+MNM+A4+MD, with the MNM receiving midi cc’s from digitakt with no problems, except on one instance where one midi CC was not being changed on the MNM and required a restart from the digitakt to get it controlling the CC again.

I’ve also noticed the program change/pattern start sync issue but when all machines are set to 4 bar patterns everything seems to be OK. Sending program change from digitakt to silver boxes and mk1 black boxes all good. Couldn’t get the digitakt to receive program change, but I have to investigate further to see if it’s my own setup error.

just have some faith with Elektron, the bugs will be squashed and all will be good. Usually with some patience Elektron blesses us with some new features and other updates as a bonus for waiting so long.

the gripes about OB etc are warranted, but honestly just use this as an opportunity to fill your machines with as much patterns and kits as possible so you have plenty of material to track when the update hits. :v:

Yes but this is also about other manufacturers too. Prices go up and down for anyone.

That they already sold a load and want to empty the warehouses to produce and sell more?

This says something about the DT:
https://www.elektronauts.com/news/393

exactly <3

1 Like

Actually, I think my point is being missed. Many individuals have stated that the price fluctuation of the unit in the EU/UK/AU Is a sign of how poorly the unit is doing. But In the U.S. I haven’t really seen any retailers or used markets where the unit has seen a significant price fluctuation. So is price really a gauge on how well or poorly the digitakt is doing?

1 Like

What fluctuation exactly? You could pre-order it for €650 in May and it’s about €625 in most stores today. That doesn’t seem like a huge difference to me. :slight_smile:

If you’ve Read this tread and others the unit price is mentioned as dropping quite a bit. I’m not in Europe, as I keep mentioning, and have not seen this massive price drop everyone keeps talking about but it’s mentioned across this and other digitakt threads.

Edit: in the U.S. I paid 650 they are now going for 680 here. So no drop here.

Edit: People have mentioned in the 500 euro range.

You must be lucky if you managed to preorder it for only 650. I checked every store back then and didn’t find a lower price than 750 Euros. Elektron still has it listed for 779 Euros…

The price for the Digitakt just went up $50 in the US. Upon release, it was initially $649, it then went up to $679, and now it is $729. I’m not a huge fan of the fluctuating price on this unit. It’s definitely less desirable at $729 when you take in consideration that it is a sampler incapable of utilizing stereo samples.

I’m guessing this is what “free” OB means.

5 Likes

Jacking up the price after this pending new OS is released would’ve been a bit more palatable (depending on what new things get added), and made much more sense imo.

Yep nothing is free these days.
Businesses just balance it out with subtle increases on their products here and there.
The general punter doesn’t really know and thinks the free product is awesome.
I have my own business and do exactly the same thing :sushing_face:

2 Likes

That is totally laughable. Must be that “free” Overbridge coming.

I’m annoyed because I sold the DT I had (at the price I bought it) with the intention of buying it back with some store credit applied to it that becomes available to my account at the end of the month.

I’ve been strongly considering the OT mk2 as well lately though. Will probably go with that one so doesn’t make any difference to me I guess.

1 Like

Maybe their initially plans for it have changed, and they have something more ambitious in mind now? Just speculation of course.

1 Like

Digitakt is the only product that I know that was introduced in 2017 by a synth/sampler manufacturer that went up in price (twice). Magically it went up $80, the same price as OB was supposed to be.