Status update on Digitakt OS

This statement explains clearly where this guys coming from… Insinuating that it’s some how the consumers fault that Elektron has dropped the ball with the DT… No one should pay attention too him… He’s in Elektrons lap… lol

2 Likes

You forgot to add a little sign to say you edited that.

Oh, sorry, I thought that popped up automatically. I definitely edited that after taking a breath.

Lovely. Now go and rest up for the evening or make some music. The internet is a rubbish place to be if you’re feeling grumpy. The studio, is a great place to be when you’re feeling grumpy, so create and then share! :wink:

Agreed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before anyone responds to my reply quoted up there a few posts, please press the arrow to the right of the quote to read it all in context, then read the edit at the bottom with the link to another reply of mine… For the full story read all off my replies on this thread…

Taking it at face value is completely misrepresenting what I said, if you respond to me because of that I’ll link you back to this reply…

Love you all!
O

4 Likes

This update is taking so long everyone is bickering… upset with each other about why they mad or not mad at little DIGITAKTs update…

For me this is a shit against the wall moment hahaha I’m staying home and for New Years this year because I have to finish some music … maybe the DIGITAKT update will drop at midnight :alien::flying_saucer:

1 Like

How do you return it if you have had it longer than the possible return date, waiting for a promised update?
You can’t return it at this point, you would have to sell it at an obvious loss

The lowest I’ve seen them on eBay is 649, and retailer in the U.S. Have them at 679, reverb has none listed lower that 645. The Only place I’ve seen a lower price one is on this board but that seems to be mostly uk,eu,au sellers. I’d really like to know where else people have seen them at a severely discounted price.
I’d consider picking up a second at a super low price.

Edit: There’s no sarcasm here either. Just want to make that clear. I would legitimately like to know.

Edit: just saw you were from Australia so you really couldn’t answer my question. Sorry bout that.

Needs an eq too.

I’m over the overbridge thing. Now if they can just make it so that when I finally start calming down after arguing on the internet, and take another person on this forums advice, and pull out my DT to make some music, I DON’T realise I left my power supply 1000 kilometers away, at my parents house, that would be great.

2 Likes

Yeah lucky I don’t have one I guess

Really just be patient. Just wait until Feb/March. Regarding the technical hardware issues, you still have a warranty by then. So worst case scenario, if after both expected large updates (OS + OB) you still having problems, you still can return it and ask for a replacement/repair.

I own DT, do not have sticky buttons, but midi functionality, well that part is a bit frustrating, I know. So for now I do not touch that part of the machine, while the other working part is still so much fun.

Is the DT your only piece of gear? If not pick one, sample the hack out of it, just have fun, time flies you know, while having fun :grin::wink:

1 Like

In Europe they can be had for around 600 Euros new. I haven’t seen such a dramatic fall in price (20%+) before after only a few months. This says something for the product.

In Europe you can not get it for under 622.

In May I pre-ordered one for €650, and with a 10% discount I ended up paying €585 including VAT.

I don’t think street prices have come down a lot.

THX Dude,

If i‘m able to backup my stuff i definitely will do something like this or just selling …
Despite the issues i‘m feeling a bit limited on that machine.
I‘m already sick of the delay, reverb and filters … (which hopefully get some updates!)

Actually i‘m owning an AR MK1 aswell, plenty of modular stuff and some DIY synthesizers …
Octatrack and analog keys already left my studio years ago.
So i‘m an elektron user since couple of years, but DT forced me to lower my kharma points in here :face_with_thermometer:

I‘m heading for a proper update with some new features and especially making the existing things stable!
I remember when they anounced OB at first time. I‘ve been close to wet pants, after giving it a try it felt like a desert round my …

No joke, it still has those issues and that‘s the dilemma!
When i‘m able to backup my stuff this guy will get a ticket back to daddy …

1 Like

Mine too, plenty of phantom encoder behaviour and locking up doing simple midi ( dont even use it now and it was a big part of my purchase), I would have sent mine back if I had known in time that it was this difficult to get it working smoothly, now I am along for the ride, after all sending it back wont get me anywhere if they dont now how to fix the problems.
Future features would be welcome but its not what I bought it for, not being able to back up in a simple way though is plain daft, imo OB shouldnt be the solution to this problem, it should be as simple as the c6 transfer, this is a hardware sampler after all.

I just picked up a second unit to DJ with from Juno for 536. They’ve got a load at that price if people are looking for a good deal.