Status update on Digitakt OS

Review shouldn’t be synonymous with an advertisement. With movie reviews for example, it’s not hard at all to find critical reviews.

1 Like

Yeah, I really like the reviews from Stimming. Very thorough and honest.

They shouldn’t be, but they are.

A lot of tech firms gift items to reviewers or offer discount prices should they wish to keep the item after reviewing it…this often leads to the reviewer feeling compelled to give a good review…because if they give a good review, the cycle starts again when that firm releases something new. Everyone wins, except in this case, the customer…

Anyway, Elektron don’t care. As much as the customers think they should reach out to them as they have done, they don’t need too.

There is no solidarity between Elektron and its customers. It’s a misconception by customers to adopt any logic that suggests otherwise. Elektron is a business, not your mate.

If anyone has a problem with Elektrons conduct regarding The Digitakt, then I suggest contacting Trading Standards or just returning the item.

Done.

That´s too simple Ryan and after announcing OB and an Update in december my free retiring time is gone … I swear íd like to give it away, but ím one of those idiots who bought this gear for the full beginner prize!
Now i would lose money and all the stuff íve already done would be gone, because there‘s no chance to backup!
They´re cheating on us systematically and everything i hear is give it away if you aren‘t happy with …
Of course, if i knew that this machine is not fullfilling the mentioned specs i wouldn‘t buy it and after months of waiting for any solution we are getting the information to wait longer …now i‘m inside this shitty elektron universe and i‘m not getting out of it without losing money, my projects or my already invested plenty of hours!

1 Like

What did you think it could do that it can’t? Are you talking about OB? There are certainly a few bugs on the midi side and definitely more features could be added on the audio/sample side, but it’s a drum maschine/ sampler and it basically does what they advertise it to do.

1 Like

Can’t speak for him, but I thought I would be able to get the tracks into my DAW at some point this year. That’s basically what they advertised it would do.

1 Like

The only thing i realy wanted is a drum machine that doesn‘t crash a crowded dancefloor … but even this was too much!
Despite freezing while using MIDI, sticky buttons, automatically moving knobs and not getting my stuff off the box i‘m totally happy … not

1 Like

I certainly agree about the freezing issues with midi. OB is now remaining free. Audio tracks can be recorded into a DAW via an audio interface. It’s not perfect at all but I still don’t see how Elektron has misled customers. I don’t have any reason to support Elektron. I just think some of the complaints are overblown.
I have noticed quite a few DT for sale on the secondhand market. I’d advise waiting until after the OB release before you sell yours. If they mess up this next OB release then I’ll probably sell mine too.

Be honest- were you drunk when you wrote this? :smiley:

I’m not selling anything. But if you can’t see that announcing major functionalities which you can’t keep is kind of misleading I don’t know what to tell you. And you know nobody is talking about recording the stereo output when we’re talking about getting something into a DAW.

It would be misleading if they said there won’t actually be OB integration. The delay in OB integration is not the same as misleading their customers. Just have to wait. And I know this sucks and that’s why OB will now be free. It could have been worse i.e buggy early OB release that the customer had to pay for. And for me, if they still mess up OB then I’ll be putting my DT up for sale.

No, saying that overbridge will be released by 2017 and then pushing it to february 2018 IS misleading. It’s not AS misleading as abandoning it, but it is misleading. And we don’t know it they’ll be able to deliver by february. I really dig the machine, and I hope they’ll deliver, but it’s not like it’s unfair to criticise that they sold this machine with a promise of delivering major functionality, within a timeframe, and they have not done so. Misleading i tell ya.

3 Likes

Has your box really had all these issues? I get that people are saying all this stuff happens, but you’ve had every single issue listed? You should return it.

The reason I kept mine is I’ve only had a single bug, the dual midi encoder bug. But if you are really having a list full of issues with the unit you should not keep it. Something is wrong with it.

2 Likes

Not everyone needs daw integration through overbridge. For some, myself included, recording the stereo outs into a hardware recorder is how things are done.

The thing to be sore about no overbridge should be cause there is no official way to manage samples on the digi. that is something that requires obverbridge and Is a truly crippling feature of the box.

2 Likes

You can’t even see how much free space you have on your +drive… It’s driving me nuts.

1 Like

The tool @mzero developed is quite useful

3 Likes

Why is that the thing to be sore about? Because it affects your workflow? I’m sore about not being able to mix my tracks in ableton live. That requires overbridge.

1 Like

No, because a sampler that can’t back up what is sampled into it is crippled. That should be a pretty logical conclusion.

Hasn’t affected my work flow at all.

1 Like

It requires patience mate.

Multitracking will be great when it’s here, but untill then is perfectly ok to track one by one into Ableton.

It’s how it was done for years and years…

1 Like

I wish pattern starts would sync with Octatrack :’(

1 Like